Small red spots on Penis head that don't itch or hurt

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

About 4 days ago I woke up with a bunch of small red spots on the head of my penis (I am uncircumcised). Of course like anyone would react I immediately thought"oh dear Lord I have herpes wtf!?" The weird thing is that they don't hurt and are not itchy. I am sexually active but haven't had sex that week I masturbated the night before they appeared and did not clean up so maybe that has something to do with it. But after calming down I immediately started scouring the internet to see if there were any other reasons why this would happen. I found out it can be thrush (yeast infection) and or candida balantis a condition where the foreskin becomes tight and painful to pull back which can cause a rash on the head of the penis.(I would rather it be one of these than herpes) Unfortunately I am not able to get an official check up with bloodwork until May of 2018 because I went last year in May, I have to wait. So I won't be able to come to a conclusive answer until then I'm hoping that maybe someone here can help me figure this out. Here are the most recent pictures I've been washing with warm water no soap and have been surveying it for the past 4 days today would be the 5th day since I first saw the small bumps but it seems to be subsiding already. At first the bumps were red and now they seem to be turning purple and the more enflamed areas have peeled a bit, shrunk and began healing but they are still visible. Please help anyone you are my last hope!

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You need to be on a PC or laptop with a large window to add pictures.  If you are, then you should see some extra icons towards the top right of where you type, and the right hand icon (which I think is supposed to look like the sun over hills) will add images.

The pic I've attached here shows the icons.

Even without seeing a pic though, it already sounds like balanitis.  If s, then these links may help, though the second article is written for doctors:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro  ;

Washing (with water, no soap) daily, and taking a leak and washing after masturbation or sex will probably help, and you could also try Canesten cream or Daktarin cream.  Loose fitting cotton underwear may help, and some sites recommend washing underwear with non-biological washing powder or liquid.

• Posted

Ahhh I see thank you I was doing this over the phone lol once I get home I will post pictures and hopefully it is just balantis and this helps other scared guys out there.
    • Posted

I've posted them let me know what you think it is as well as anyone else that has gone through something like this.

• Posted

So here are the pictures please let me know what you guys think please!!!
    • Posted

When I had something like this, the doctor suggested Daktarin - it's an anti-fungal cream marketed for treating Athlete's Foot . As far as I remember it cleared within a few days. By the way, I remember he gave me a written prescription so when I took it to the Pharmacy, I would at that time have had to pay the UK NHS prescription charge (currently £8.60). In fact the tube of Daktarin ointment was a few £s less, (currently about £5) - so the chemist sold it to me over-the-counter.

However, I suppose you are not in the UK from what you say about only being allowed yearly bloodwork. I'd suggest this doesn't need blood tests to identify, so why not see your doctor anyway? 

• Posted

That looks like it's probably just a bad case of balanitis to me.  Personally, I wouldn't see a doctor about it unless it gets worse or doesn't go away.  The information in my earlier post should help.

I don't know which country you're in btw, but Canesten is also known as Clotrimazole in some places, and Daktarin cream is miconazole, and according to Wiki has the following brand names:

"Desenex and Zeasorb in US and Canada, Micatin, Monistat-Derm, Daktarin in India, UK, Australia, Belgium and the Philippines, Daktar in Norway, Fungidal in Bangladesh, Decocort in Malaysia"

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, yeah I'm going to see if I can go see my doctor this weekend I just work all day during the week and by the time I'm off the clinic is closed. I'm gonna try the canesten crem that ml66uk suggested. I will keep you posted on my situation at least daily. Today I checked and it seems to be healing and the dead skin is falling off and the bumps and redness is virtually gone without the canesten cream. I will still get it just in case because I'm afraid that it will scar.

• Posted

Hello, John, did you solve the problem and if so, how? Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.