Small stabbing pain above belly button

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 4 weeks post op from having my gall bladder removed. I am still having nausea and stomach pains and heartburn. Not sure if it's usual but by the sounds of it, many here have it had for a long time after surgery.

In the past week, I have noticed a small stabbing pain above my belly button. It's not excruciating but it does hurt and I've never had it before now.

It literally feels like a small pair of scissors is stabbing me for a second.

It's not constant, it goes on and off for about 5 mins and then can be gone for hours but starts up again.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

All of this is perfectly normal, my incision site was sore for quite a number of weeks post surgery, it is usually a bigger site as it is where they take the gallbladder out of during surgery, the knitting together of all the tissue does take time.  If in doubt and it gets very hot or oozy do go and see the dr.  I am only speaking from my own recent experience but do give it all time to settle, I was told my digestive system would take 6 months to sort itself out.

Very best wishes.

• Posted

Even above the belly button? My incision is below and that has all healed up.

This pain though is above.

• Posted

Like I said the healing on the inside is through layers, forget the wound you can see, take my word for it, I have had all sorts of odd pains (all gone now) or go and see a dr.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you. 

I have seen a doctor,  I didn't get any answers and he got through the appointment as quickly as he could.

I appreciate your information as I am receiving no help anywhere else.

How many weeks now are you post op?

• Posted

Hello

My op was in the 30th June. I know from my recovery that a lot of the pains are unusual but it does subside.

Keep calm, be kind to yourself and know you are not alone with this, o one told me at all about all of this and it is alarming.

Best wishes and keep posting x

• Posted

Hi everyone has given good advice on here. I’m 7 weeks post op and have still got aches and pains near the scars. If you get and increased pain or discharge from any of the scars see your doctor.

I definitely over did it this morning it appears i was taking down the shower curtain and cleaned the bath same time. Ended up having to lie down feel like I’ve over strained myself and dizzy 😵 it reminded me off whet I had the Gaul stones caused to make me really dizzy! Guess I need to practice what I preach. Hope your well and feeling better soon I still get a nauseous feeling occasionally and feel it’s my stomach adjusting. Just know your not alone good luck Joanne 

• Posted

still you feel dizzy after your gallbladder removed ? is it sudden dizzy or dizzy for some hours ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.