Small steps

Posted , 3 users are following.

If you have seen my previous posts, i have been trying to open up about how i feel and things that have happened to me in my past and childhood to my husband.

Now he knows some of what i have been through yet we hardly talk about it, on my lunch break today we were talking about when my dad visits and i explained that i was not sure if i wanted to see him or not, hubby then guessed that i was not bothered at all by this, i told him i have too many demons to deal with from the past. I have had no help with this either.

I am on week 5 of Citalopram Antidepressants which are going well. I did tear up when talking to hubby today but hopefully this is the start where i can tell him how i feel and move on from the horrible things that have happened to me.

Any extra advice on being able to open up to my Hubby?

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Good on you dawn57104 for really trying to tackle and deal with all this, and I'm sorry you're carrying a lot of inner pain and anguish, I do relate to what you're saying. Keep that heart strong.

I think it's awesome that you wish to share your past with your husband, I'd think it an honor, but I just want to say that, yes, it could go well and be a positive time for you both, or, it could also not go exactly the way you hoped but that doesn't mean it's the end of the world - it could be a learning curve as well, you see, for all party's concerned. I guess what I'm saying is, if you choose to open up to your husband, just be mentally prepared in the back of your mind for various outcomes. I mean, this is life - it doesn't necessarily go the way you hoped! [To me].

All the best dawn57104. I always feel proud of people doing what you're doing because it's a journey as far as I'm concerned. Thank you and take care.

• Posted

Totally agree with you Sean .. Dawn you must be open to how things will go .. sorry I'm new to this forum and don't know your history so I would prefer not to comment personally.

Wishing you all the best... Tracey

• Posted

Thank you Seanettle

It is taking time but im getting there slowly.

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

Really proud of you for the strength you are showing and the steps forward you are taking. I guess you know your husband pretty well and he knows you - you are soul mates. As others have said, there's no use in trying to second-guess his reaction but try to put yourself in his place. I'm assuming he is worried about you and wants to help you deal with your demons. Take things slowly and reveal as much (or as little) of what's in your heart as feels comfortable. Only you will know when you are ready when the circumstances are right. I believe that you will know when the time is right and when you can stop carrying this burden all on your own. Sending you hugs & positive thoughts xx

• Posted

Hi Digsby,

Thank you, my husband knows a fair bit of my history already and i am making progress to open up and deal with what has gone on, although it is hard some times.

Thank you so much for your support and such kind words, without people like you i may not have progressed aswell as i have.

Thank you, hugs too you also. hope your well. xx

• Posted

hi, i think you are doing great. very small steps is the key. ease into it
    • Posted

i am trying baby steps is what i was taking, seems that things are getting easier one day at a time.

Some days are harder than others tho.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.