Small stinging bumps that hurt to the touch, then scab and scar.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello.  I am actually from the United States, but am having absolutely no luck with my condition.  It started off with my step-daughter coming home from camping about 1 1/2 months ago.  She had a few bug bite looking sores on in her inner thigh.  Sore to the touch, but no itching.  It then spread to about 20 of these bumps.  Took her to emergency and pediatrician, but nobody knows what it is, nor would they do a culture, which is frustrating.  Thought we had it taken care of when her sores went away.  We were sure it was MRSA, which was scary, but found that MRSA doesn't spread across the skin that quickly.  A few weeks later, I personally had the same thing pop up on the back of my ear, in my nose, and on my cheek.  These too went away, so thought we were good.  My step-son now has these sores under his armpit, and on his hip area.  I have two new lesions on my forearm.  We are beyond frustrated, and don't have a clue what it could be.  Please help!  I have 2 small children, and if this is something serious, I want to stop it somehow!  I went to emergency as well, and same thing.  No help at all!!!  Thank you for your time!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have a look for DermNet NZ  It is a very good website and has a lot of pictures and, with a little research, you might find out what you have all developed.

Are you receiving any treatment at all for these lesions, Jenna?

• Posted

Hi Jenna ~

I'm sorry your family seems to be going through a difficult time at present.  I cannot say that I know what it could be because you threw me when you said your daughter got this while away at camp...but then your other child had a few bumps then you.  Did any of you by chance, go swimming in the same lake?  I know the US is having a time with bodies of water that are warm water...they seem to perpetuate problems like "swimmers itch" that have lesions you've described.  Unless you have all gone in the same body of water, I can't explain why everyone has the symptoms.  This is just a straw I'm grasping at to try to help you in any way I can.  If water isn't the culprit, perhaps you can think where all of you have been ie: campfires...etc.  Something that all of you have experienced the same could very well be the problem. 

Perhaps your daughter experienced it first then when you came for a visit or the end of her camping trip all of you could have drank from similar water faucet/fountain...swimming in the same body of water, take shower in the stalls that could possibly be somehow unclean...you could have followed someone who was infected with whatever may be under the skin and they passed it on and w/o cleaning the shower/bathroom directly before you use it, that opens up a whole world of possibilities.  Camping and showers etc...seem to leave one open for many different parasites or something like that.  I know myself, I never scrubbed the showers before I used them...I guess ignorant was bliss (for me)  lol 

Anyway, I know I'm vague but perhaps it may just jolt a memory that you can relate it to all of you.

I wish you good luck and that everything you're going through isn't serious that perhaps over the counter ointment will take care of.  One other thing, could you show your pharmacist these lesions and see what they have to say?

Well wishes,

Frustrated

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words.  My step-daughter was camping for 5 days, then my husband and step-son met them for the last 3 days, but my husband and two small children have no symptoms at all.  I am still convinced that it is MRSA, but nobody seems to take me seriously.....I don't want this contagious whatever it is, passing along through my house!  I never went camping, and had the symptoms 2nd......so confused!!!  Thank you again!  Maybe I will try the pharmacist!
    • Posted

Also - My step-daughter started off with what she thought was a bug bite, and then accidentally sat in the urine of an infected child, thinking it was just wet from swimming.....I think it's MRSA sad  Grrr...why wont anyone help!!
    • Posted

Hi again jenna ~

Did you show this to your pharmacist?  They know so much about the contagious dangers.  I would suggest checking with one you respect andd out what they think.  Though they are not doctors they study diseases and well, a lot more than some doctors.  I really wish you and your family well.  I can certainly feel the concern w/ your posts.

Warm regards,

Frustrated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.