Smelling weird smells???

Posted , 3 users are following.

As a back story I’ve been having really bad anxiety for a week straight now and not been able to sleep much so I’ve been exhausted. Panic attacks all day ever day. Last night I started smelling what smelled like a fart or rotten egg maybe. I could barely smell it and couldn’t find the source of it and started freaking out and thinking it was a hallucination and then I kept smelling it and had a panic attack. Eventually I calmed down and then I went to sleep and woke up in a panic attack after like 4 hours and feel like I can smell weird things again sad I smelled old rotten food and freaked out and couldn’t stop imagining the smell. There’s a bowl of old food near my bed that smells that way but it was way too far away to be able to smell it. Then I keep thinking about it and panicking and feeling like I can smell more stuff and of course google says it’s a stroke or seizure. Someone helpsad  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Google is our worst enemy >sad

Are you on any medications?

Possibly a side effect

• Posted

I was on Zoloft 50 mg but switched to Prozac 20mg 3 days ago. I was supposed to take abilify to “ease the transition” and “enhance the prozac” but I was terrified to take it even though it’s the smallest dose. My dad made me take half of it yesterday morning (1mg) and I’ve been freaking out and panicking ever since about every little sensation and it’s making my BP go through the roof. I can’t tell if my mind is playing tricks on me because I’m so scared of the abilify side effects that I read (hallucinations, seizures, etc) sad
  • Posted

This happened to me except it was a smoke smell. It always smelled like something was burning. It freaked me out but eventually eased up and doesn’t really happen anymore, so hang in there! You are not crazy, our minds are so very powerful and the things you experience are real but you aren’t alone! 
    • Posted

Now I’ve been laying here obsessing over whether I’m about to start hearing noises and stuff sad I guess my mind is playing tricks on me from exhaustion 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.