Smelly After Sex

Posted , 5 users are following.

Usually a day or two after having sex with my boyfriend, I start to notice a fishy odour from my vagina. I constantly have a lot of vaginal discharge so I’m unsure as to whether there is more or less when I notice the fishy smell. 

I get no itching or anything  else, just the rather unpleasant odour which leaves me anxious to whether anyone else can smell it or not! 

I’ve tried canestest before but I get absolutely no result with them. 

I’d appreciate it so much if someone could give me any insight as to what this could be or what might be causing the odour. 

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

HI it could be that his sperm is to acidic get your vaginal Ph checked out after the next time you have sex, you can get a Ph kit from your chemist and very easy to use.

Just a thought do you make sure you urinate straight after sex, as this helps you flush things away.

See how that goes.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello, that sounds like BV! This happens when your PH balance is thrown off, not a STD! You do need treatment for this which is either by mouth or vaginal.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm gay and have unprotected sex with my boyfriend and I can tell you that if you let him ejaculate in you, semen tends to smell fishy after awhile.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Fishy odour and a cottage cheese discharge is BV, so off you go to your chemist tell them what you have and get meds for it.

Unless you want to go the natural remedy way of life, if so just google BV natural remedies and your find help that way.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up