Smoke taste in mouth

Posted , 1 user is following.

What:

• Last week, I started to experience quite a strong pungent taste in my mouth.
  • I am experiencing no mouth / teeth pain and I have looked at my tonsils and cannot see any stones.
  • I am certain based off my urine and faeces that it is not a kidney problem.
  • The taste, appears to be coming from the back of my mouth.
  • I have had 1 filling on one of my back teeth and I have been advised recently that I am over brushing,
  • The taste is metallic like and comparable to a tobacco cigarette aftertaste.

(Note: I've only smoked twice in my life - both occasions more than 11 months ago).

Frequency:

• The severity was quite bad last weekend, especially after I had 2 bottles of diet coke, along with a few sugary food items such as biscuits. From Monday onwards, the taste came and went, but the taste was so subtle, it was hardly noticeable.
  • After having similar food/drink options today (diet coke & sugary biscuits), the taste has came back and is quite recognisable.
  • The taste seems to intensify towards the end of a workout at the gym.
  • Swishing air around my cheeks (blowing them up) seems to increase the taste.

Photos taken after brushing back teeth and cheek areas:

I hope you can help!

Thanks 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.