Smokers with anxiety since fire retardant added???

Posted , 1 user is following.

So my random feelings of falling down, fatigue, and anxiety started 6 years ago when they added the FSC chemical (fire retardant) to cigarettes!!!! I never thought about it till today! So just wondering if any of you guys on this forum have smoking and anxiety in common??

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

I dont think that has anything to do with this disorder. Only smokers would have  it otherwise. If you feel theres a new added danger to smoking maybe you can try and figure out how to cut down or quit. Very very difficult to do. But no i dont think that has anything to do with the disorder.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I dunno what caused mine honestly my first real bout with it before I knew what it was I quit for 2weeks and the anxiety still came back much worse. I fee like a lot of anxiety is just an overload on your brain atleast in case, I had a full schedule and kept cramming things on, things that I didn't really want to and felt like I had to do and things that made me nervous and feel like I was always being judged. These feeling and full schedule kept me on high alert and my brain running 100mphs all the time with no real settle time and I think I broke myself down to feeling so bad that my mind just broke under the pressure, I still feel crappy but atleast I'm about 80% but I don't honestly feel like my smoking had much to do with it except give me something to have health anxiety about

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I remember reading some posts about people who started developing anxiety and other symptoms after smoking some weed. Maybe the tobacco they used with it contained that chemical and triggered a reaction similar to yours.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up