So Alone

Posted , 10 users are following.

I didnt get one sngle christmas card last year. Knowng that no one even bothered to return hurt so much and there is not a single week that goes by that i dont think about how this just about sums up my worth.

4 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi tina im sorry to see how your family are treating you with indifference ! Remind them they only.get one mother and theres no use looking back wishing they had did more when they should have ! I used to send loads of cards and got.very few back but.that just means i cherish the ones.i get im not.going to let the others spoil my christmas ! Take care and i hope you have a great christmas and a hppy new year (david )
  • Posted

I should not let that worry your self esteem. Unfortunately people have busy lives and don't often think about the lonely.  Chin up.  I don't get many cards either.

Richard

• Posted

People still do the cards?  it's so expensive if you have a lot to send to.  We all stopped sending the cards because we usually see one another during the holidays.  those who I don't see but I watn them to know I care and I still think about them, I send them one.  Perhaps you're expectations of other's is too high?  Send your cards but send them because you want them to know you're thinking of them, if they don't respond, don't take that personally.  Thiings happen and everyone isn't as "giving" as others.  But don't measure your self worth over this.  You are a kind heart as you are thinking of everyone.  That's a good thing.  The rest lies in their hands and if it's making you upset, stop sending them?  Just do what makes you happy smile

Frustrated

• Posted

Hi, I am sorry you didn't get a single christmas card last year. I know lots of people now give the money to charity instead. Also the cost of postage is high. I don't send abroad now and send messages on facebook so people know i have thought of them. I send to close family and friends only now. Some people i phone and wish them a happy christmas that way. I know this is not a comfort for you not receiving any but maybe you could assess the cards you send to only those close to you. Hopefully you will not be forgotton this year. Elizabeth.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.