So anxious

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I started taking an interest in this forum nearly a yeah ago, I had my son , had a tuff delivery and make myself sooo anxious my bp was high, they didn't let me out of hospital for a week as every time they did my blood pressure I got extremely anxious, I've never had my no done calm

Since, a yeah has gone and still I'm so scared of having my blood pressure done, I went through a patch that my bp was fine, today went to the doctors and it was sky high, I was so anxious, I'm on medication now for blood pressure but so scared there gonna changed my meds or put me on more, at the same time it anxious what's doing it, if I was calm I would be able to take it better, so scared now, got to go back to 2 weeks, and I'm worrying now already 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety bumps my bp up alarmingly! You can do stuff to help yourself, as well as medication which the doctor will sort for you... Meditation, yoga, listening to music, watching fish, petting and walking a dog, not eating too much salt, losing weight if you are overweight... All these things will help you but some people have what is called "white coat syndrome" where their bp shoots up as soon as they get in the doctors office! One way around this is to buy yourself a small bp cuff and take your bp yourself when you are resting and relaxed and you will see what makes it go up and down and can keep an eye on it... As long as you don't get obsessed with it. I have been monitoring my bp for many years and for me, it helps
    • Posted

I had my own bp machine and had to get my husband to take it off me. I got obssessed baldy, then went to the doctors every 3 month and It was under control, today different story, was really anxious like I was in hosptal and it was high😞 funny enough I have a dog a walk everyday , just started swimming and yoga, trying everything, loseing a little wieght, got to go back in 2 weeks I'm trying so hard to chill a little x
    • Posted

It sounds like you are doing all the right things then, it's not easy i know, but the worst that can happen is that you get put on medication to control it better... That's much better than walking around with high blood pressure undiagnosed or unchecked... Thats how i think of mine
    • Posted

Aw bless ya! That's what we are all here for huh... To try and support each other and give advice... I'm pleased you can see it from a more positive angle...that's what it's all about, trying to convince our mind to see it from a different angle eh... X
  • Posted

Hi Carrie, my anxiety makes my bp sky rocket & I've even ended up in A&e with it. Now when ever it's really high I juice 3 beet roots & drink it! The nitrates in beet root naturally lower bp by about 10 points....it stops me panicking as much. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.