So Confused...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Longgggggggg story.. I posted here a few years ago, about what my GP and GI thought may be GB problems. I had eaten some homemade venison sausage (nothing out of the ordinary for me AT ALL) and got a wicked bout of indigestion. Then I lost my appetite for 3 days. GP put me on omeprazole and I started getting nauseous in the morning. I had to stop taking it for fasting blood work and an upper GI with small bowel follow-thru and started back up on it and all was well. Everything came back normal and I didn't get indigestion again so I stopped the omeprazole after a few months.

A few months after that, I ate some sausage again and started getting a burning pain in my upper right side. Went to my GP and he referred me to a GI doctor. Since I was a new patient, I had a month wait to get in. I told my GP that and he didn't want me to wait that long and sent me for an US since he thought it was my GB (due to the fatty food). US came back normal and my GP told me to wait for my GI. During that month, I had pain all over my right side - URQ, flank, even lower down to my groin some days. Burning, cramping, something every day but never really bad by any means. If I got distracted by something I barely even knew it was there. It's always gone when I wake up in the morning and progresses throughout the day. Only morning symptoms is sometimes nausea and a bad taste in my mouth which greatly subsides after I brush my teeth and eat something small. Some days I would burp/pass gas all day long, some days were fine. I never was able to correlate it to something I ate. I tried eating small healthy meals and it didn't change. I tried eating fatty meals and nothing changed.

Went to GI appointment and they thought GB too. Scheduled a HIDA scan, a urinalysis and blood work for inflammation. Blood work and urinalysis were fine, HIDA scan didn't "reproduce" symptoms but they were there before/during/after like any other day. Doctor had called me to tell me they suspected overactive GB (didn't tell me the number at the time). I found my results and it was 98%. But by the time they wanted to see me again after the HIDA scan, I was feeling fine - no nausea, no pain, eating my regular diet from before (albeit not a healthy one).

Well a few months ago, it all started coming back but now with some awesome diarrhea. I went back to my GP for an annual physical exam and he wanted to brush it off which ****** me off a tad. So I dealt with it for a few weeks but then it came back with a vengeance one day in my lower right abdomen that I panicked and called. He told me to go back to my GI since he thought it was that due to the diarrhea. They did a urinalysis and that was fine to rule out kidneys. I had the routine blood work for my physical which covered liver, pancreas and that was fine. GI doc got me in FAST this time thankfully, went over my old records. Still had IBS in the back of their mind but sent me for another US, more inflammation bloodwork and a stool sample this time. Everything so far has come back normal, but one stool test (I think the one for blood) wasn't labeled with my name so they wouldn't process it.

I barely have ANY pain/discomfort but if I do, it's upper right quadrant. I've had this problem with a few almost like zits on my lower right abdomen that just won't heal and I think that's been throwing me off a bit. I get nausea maybe once a week in the morning still and I get bloated every once in a while. The GI wanted me to do the low-FODMAP diet, but I've been finding it difficult as my boyfriend and I went on vacation for a week (pre-planned) and we've had a few "Octoberfest" parties and it's hard to only eat vegetables when that's all that is there that is low-FODMAP. I've been doing the best I can, but it surely isn't easy when 90% of what you eat has high FODMAP in it. The only thing that hasn't changed no matter what is the diarrhea. I don't remember having it the first time around and it's been all over the spectrum. Before this all started I had noticed that my bowels were getting lighter in color, but still solid. Now it's all diarrhea (not liquid, but soft and broken) and could be fatty/floaty and yellow one day and green the next and light brown the same day. But it's persistent.

I started on probiotics about 3 weeks ago. I had a few OK days in the beginning, but I also know that probiotics don't start working right away so maybe it was luck. I've also noticed that I'm very lazy a lot, not fatigued persay or want to sleep all the time. I'm awake all day long no problem, I'm just lazy. I don't want to do anything (I feel bad for my dog). I'd rather sit on the couch all day and watch Netflix than do laundry or dishes (who wouldn't, but before I would at least do it). I've also been really foggy and have difficultly concentrating. I have no idea if any of it is related or if I'm just freaking myself out because of all of this. The inconsistency of all of this makes me wonder if it's my GB at all. I'm debating whether to get another HIDA scan or not, or if I should ask for an endoscopy or colonoscopy (even though I don't want to do them!). I've also read so many stories that removing the GB didn't help or it made it worse.

Thoughts inside the head and the internet are scary places... Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.