So Depressed with crazy thoughts!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I feel like I'm losing my mind. Being with an Alcoholic who has Schizophrenia and has no care for himself or others. I've known him since we were kids, wanted to help him out. He did without a drink for 2 years, been dealing with it for an additional 2 years. I. I'm so Depressed, cry a few times a day, your on eggshells when being around him. I didn't want this life. Can't stop shaking, nobody to talk to, just feel so lonely and desperate for help. I don't wanna live this life , it's not living I'm existing. I lost myself somewheres along the way. I kept taking him back after throwing me out when he gets drunk, beat up, abusive mentally, I'm scared and weak right now. Panic attacks so bad with severe depression. Nowhere to turn. Someone help me please!!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi lisad

Sounds like he's the one who needs help.

You need to go and see your gp for yourself. Tell your gp exactly what you've said here. If you don't feel able to tell him/her, just show him/her what you've written here. I find it much easier to write down what I want to say. You may find a course of anti depressants will help you get back on your feet. You will feel so much better and stronger and have the strength and confidence to alter this toxic relationship.

Youve done your best to help him, so don't feel guilty. He's passing his guilt onto you. He's worn you down to such an extent, that your depressed and suffering from anxiety

Hes a bully who is abusing you both mentally and physically. He knows he can control and get round you. Tell him you're not prepared to live (as you say exist) like this. Give him an ultimatum, either he changes or you go and put some space between you.

The more you put up with, the more he'll make your life a misery. I bet you're lonely and have no one to talk to as he's cut you off from friends/family. You need to find yourself again, and it may well be anti depressants which will help you achieve this.

For your own sake, try and get this sorted by talking to your gp. Tell this bloke you aren't prepared to put up with his behaviour anymore.

You sound like he's worn you down, bullies do this as it gives them power and control over you.

Please keep posting and asking for help. I'm sure you will get a lot more replies

• Posted

Hi Lisad - sorry to read of your terrible situation. The first thing you need to do is to get out of there. Today. Seek a womans shelter or some organisation which will get you away from your abuser. You have become entrenched in a lifestyle and it will take time, perserverence and help to get you out of that damaging routine. But you will need to make your mind up and stick to it. No taking him back. No bending to his will. No rose-coloured reflections of how sometimes he was nice to you. Get out now. Do it for your own health, sanity and future.

You also need to consult a doctor about the depression, meds may be required. Also ask for a referral to a psychologist/counsellor/therapist to help you regain some perspective and learn how to deal with a new beginning. 

• Posted

Get yourself out of there and into a women's hostel, if you are being beaten it will never stop, go to citizens advice,they will help,and see your GP, do it now today, this relationship is not going to change, get out now and if he is violent don't tell him just do it, citizens advice as soon as it opens, you have to put your safety first,,let us know how you get on ,

• Posted

Good advice from the other posts.

Yes get out while you can. Don't tell him you're leaving just go. CBT ( cognitive behavioural therapy ) has very good results. I doubt very much he'll change.

I agree with Wayne, that if you leave, don't let him back in your life. He's toxic and this will only get worse.

Please think of yourself first, you don't owe him anything 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.