So Disappointed Right Now

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 56 years old and I've gone nine months without a menstrual cycle or spotting. I was excited knowing that I just needed to make it through July, and I would be "home free". But as luck would have it, I just started spotting this week. Why can't my body act its age and just let go??? Does this mean that I have to wait 12 more months again???

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not 100% sure Connie but I would say unless the spotting becomes more established into a menstrual flow then it's just part of the peri and not a normal period. But like I said not sure, I'm 7 months without a period but had light spotting and dizziness a few weeks ago but I wouldn't consider it a period

Good luck and hope you reach the other side soon

Big hugs for you xx

• Posted

Thanks so much. I feel a little better now. Even though it's up in the air right now, I feel like there's a chance that I'll be done in a couple of months.

• Posted

Mine just sta0rted again this past week almost 2 years or what they call post menopause, so do I go back to square one, or back in peri again. I'm almost 52. This menopause crap sure sucks doesn't it. Hang in there Connie.

• Posted

Oh my gosh. I'm getting anxiety just thinking that you can still have a cycle after 2 years without one. When I've gone a month or two without a cycle, my next one would be so heavy, that I would have to change tampons every hour. I'm really hoping that this spotting doesn't mean that next month I'll be having a heavy flow. Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

Hi Connie I had two months period free and thought they would prob have stopped I'm 51 but then April and this month had a really heavy period like you changing every hour leaves you feeling washed out do sick of all these symptoms and feeling like this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.