So dizzy and anxious

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anybody get very dizzy days before their period?

I feel so dizzy and I have anxiety so it's making it worse I'm scared i might faint.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Make sure it's not hunger. Are you eating nutritious meals throughout the month. Maybe even add a nutrition drink

• Posted

Hi Jen,

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and just in the past few months I have noticed that my anxiety levels go through the roof the week leading up to my period. I also get very tearful and have the dizzy feeling you describe... I would liken it more to the swaying feeling after you come off a boat trip on holiday. I am currently having CBT once per week and it is really helping. The most effective things for me are controlled breathing and thought challenging. The breathing helps you stay in control and prevents the panic from reaching its full potential and the thought challenging rationalises all the irrational thoughts eg I'm have a heart attack, I'm going to vomit, pass out etc. I have also found lots of information online just to reinforce the CBT. Hope that helps a little, just remember it will get better and all your symptoms are classic panick and anxiety which do you no physical harm at all x

• Posted

Yes! I noticed the pattern of it happening several months ago. I couldn't believe it took me so long to make the connection. I have a period tracker app and you can put symptoms in. I've noticed several symptoms that occur often pre period . Also, you get symptoms during your fertile/ovulation time too. I never knew that until about 6 months ago. I mentioned it to my gyno at my check up and asked if people really get symptoms during that time or if I was just looking for reasons for my symptoms. She said women absolutely have symptoms during fertile/ovulation time. It's crazy what we women go through. I hope this helped and hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.