so fed up

Posted , 8 users are following.

After A few good days thinking I was on the road 2 some kind of normality yesterday and today have been horrendous, feeling sick, dizzy and a pounding headache, no sleep at all last night, only 2 weeks into new meds, so hopefully things will sort them selves out soon, I just feel so so sad, I dont know how much more I can take.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear you're feeling so rough. Have you been back to see your gp as you've only recently started on your meds? Also, today maybe 1 bad day followed by a good day as you say you've been back to some kind of normality. It's so hard, I know, but recovery tends to be a bit of a roller coaster I'm afraid rather than just up and up. If you are really feeling that you can't take any more then you must call your gp and express how you're feeling, call the out if hours service if your gp has shut. I hope you have a better day tomorrow, one day at a time, I promise you will get there, take care xx
  • Posted

hi thats what happened to me -(i'm on wk 8 + back to docs tomorrow,still on 5 sert) at 2 wks i was gd,then 2 wks of crap then at 4 wks i felt great + evn went back to wk !That lasted 7 days -since then it's up + down.Will increase 25 tomorrow i think even though i've had 2 gd days.
  • Posted

Hi, everyone:  I'm new on here, but I'm 66 yrs. old and have suffered with depression and anxiety since the day I was born...If I can help anyone with all my experiences just let me know...I would love to talk with you.
    • Posted

Hi carol I'm new here too I have my good days and my bad I thought I was getting there going out and about with my husband and my dogs but the last couple of days when I've been shops I keep feeling really panicky and odd been told by doctor its health anxiety and I take 30mg of propranolol too keep me calm some days I need them some days I  don't but I really hate feeling like this from Carolyn xx
  • Posted

Hi Lesley, recovery isn't a smooth ride I'm afraid but having good days is a good sign.

The curve is down first then you bottom out with good days and bad days then the curve goes up and the curve smooths out.

• Posted

Hi, I’m sorry to hear about you’ve had a rough time. I’ve been on my meds for just over month. May I suggest something that I’ve found helpful and uplifting? My laptop desktop is a rotation of motivational, inspirational and heart warming quotes. It sounds silly, I know, but I think they’ve really helped. My favourite is “life isn’t about getting through the storm; it’s about learning to dance in the rain”. I really hope that everything works out.
  • Posted

I have learned to let go and let God. God will heal you in his time. Just except the anxiety and change the way you think. Its a habit . You have to change the habit. It takes time and there are setbacks but you can do it. I suffered severely, lost weight, tried medicine and felt out of control and a prisioner of my own thoughts. But now I don't question my anxiety levels all day and don't think about how I feel. I replace it with positive thinking, prayer, faith and stay busy. Good luck .
  • Posted

hi it took just over 8 weeks for mine to kick in +still getting rough days.

So u may or may not have a while to go -everyone is diff.In fact doc nearly took me off meds at 8 wks but that wld have meant being weaned off + time for new meds to kick in but due to work commitments cld not take time off,Pleased i stayed with it as anx seems to have gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.