So fed up

Posted , 3 users are following.

So the first time I had anxoety I was 16 and the symptoms were really bad for about nearly two years. The anxoety was to do with my head (brain Tumor) i used to get so many palpatations literally few times a day to the point where I'd think il be having palpitations but when my heart was checked it was fine. I had many tests and all came back time. It gradually went away.

Since having my baby two years ago I've never really felt my belly back to normal and I struggled with going to the toilet. I have the weirdest toilet habits.

Since November last year I've literally had non stop belly pain, however the pain can be high up low down in the middle. All over. I get bloating too but bloating isn't constsnt and it isn't to the point of having to un do buttons.

This all seemed to of started round the same same as when I had a panic attack one night after I got a numb leg (only from sitting with my baby funny) I went into a full blown panic!!

I'm going out my mind to the point from the minute I open my eyes I'm worrying. I can't enjoy anything!

Can it be possible to have stomach ache constantly from anxoety from having something wrong with my stomach? My first anxoety phrase I had constant headache for months because my anxoety was to do with my brain. Lately too I've been hearing so many cnscer stories about bowel, pancreas and ovarian cancer. Which really isn't helping. Even though I know when you hear about something it always then afte seems to crop up a lot more! Abit like when your buy a car you don't really see until you buy it and then their all over!

Im with the doctors who have performed ultrasound of pancreas gallbladder etc. I've had blood tests and even seen a gyna to look at ovaries and uterus. All clear. and tbh doesn't seem that concerned. I have expressed my concern about bowel cancer. However, he basically told me it's near enough impossible. It's not in my family, I'm in my early 20s and I dot have any of the red flag symptoms. Plus the pain hasn't got worse since it started or do I have any new symptoms from when it started.

The past couple days I've had pain low down in my belly however before this it was just above my belly buttons.

I'm so fed up. I do notice that it's a lot worse on days I'm more tired, feeling more down/anxious. Can anyone relate?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can 100% cause gastric upset, I find myself with stomach pains and issues going to the toilet. The mind and gut are linked. Anxiety can cause acid reflux which can in turn cause a bad belly
  • Posted

Have you brought this to you doctors attention? Have you considered seeing a counselor?
    • Posted

I haven't as I don't want him to jsut say well it's anxoety ask send me home and then if there was something and it was missed it would be the biggest regret!
  • Posted

Atomach issues and anxiety go hand in hand. Most have belly issues then anxiety gets bad. They are many theories on the connection. considering adrenaline effects the belly it would no doubt hurt or be off.extremly classic symptom but bothersome. Pepcid works on indigestion or bellyaches. Dorget all the cancer theories, you would really have no clue most of the time. You have hd a ton of exams and well looked at. What you have is a oanic disorder, health anxiety and ocd. All very real issues and life altering. Work on your thoughts. Cbt, eft, mediation. Probably very good idea to do cbt and mindfullness techniques. Panic attacks effect seventy percent of the body so a ton of weird symptoms will and do occur.. You need to a cept you have a disorder with anxiety and that it will trigger really weird symptoms and be ok with it. Just like any ailment you have to accept it for wht it is. That will lower the fear response in itself. When calm learn cbt you can learn it on your own or with a counselor. Then blast some of your favorite tunes loud enough to stoo your thiughts and dance and sing. There is a orooven acience to that and it will make you feel a lot better. You need happiness with a dose of calming techniques to get through this.
    • Posted

Thank you fork ur response Lisa. You have made a lot of sense... I had a couple of sessions at 16 years old with a therapist. However I was unable to make a couple and gradually forgot about it and then it just went away as I started college so was busy with something new. This time it's just a different kind of anxoety I suppose! It's more of a canstant feeling in my stomach, Than the palpitations. I just don't know why this has shown its ugly head again which is why I'm thinking it must be because I actually have something wrong.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.