so fed up

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I was diagnosed two years ago but never had blood or mucus or loose bowels. Never been constipated either just started having episodes of frequent bowel movements and pain in tummy, then lower back and hips strangely. Things gradually for worse but same syptoms and I've recently had ct scan and colonoscopy where I was told I had several diverticula. They removed a small polyp and took a couple of random biopsies. Still waiting to see consultant 4 weeks later. Pain is awful today. Now constipated and severe hemorrhoids. HELP!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I too had polyp taken and they said I had multiple diverticulas I am so fed up it's really getting me down. I also have pain in my hips didn't put the 2 together thought it was my arthritis playing up. I waited 6 months for an appointment to see consultant after my colonoscopy all I kept getting told was it's not cancer. I said I am grateful it isn't but Iam still in pain. When I saw consultant she just gave me information on how to get rid of wind

• Posted

I hope I get a better response Susan. The wind is awful but trying to manage this condition and prevent it getting worse is what we need to know. It is so hard to work out what causes flares I just think I've got it sorted and I have a bad few weeks. Never knowing what to eat is depressing x thanks for replying

• Posted

Did they diagnose diverticulitis or just diverticula?    There are many people with diverticula at a certain age but not everyone that has the pouches develop the "itis" - which means the pocket is infected.  

The last time I had a flare of "itis", they also said it looked like I had a little IBS too.  How they tell the difference, I don't have a clue.

I simply watch my diet and, contrary to popular advice and opinion, limit fiber.  No nuts, seeds, raw veggies and fruit with hard-to-digest skin.  And a dose of Mira Lax every day has kept me from the "itis" for over a year now.

• Posted

They diagnosed diverticula 2 years ago. Had several courses of anti biotics last year due to pain and feeling really unwell but no temperature or sign of infection. I also find that I have to limit fibre otherwise it makes things worse. I am careful with what I eat too. No tomatoes or onions for definate. And no nuts or seeds. I used to be able to eat anything but this awful condition has changed my life so much x
    • Posted

I had antibiotics at Christmas but was told today it's just a flare up so no need for them. I too used to eat anything I fancied but just don't know what to eat know. I loved salad can't eat that or fish and chips no cheese beef garlic the list is endless. It as taken over my life I am so fed up x

• Posted

They do an x ray or ct scan if its first time being diagnosed. Ive had the condition for 10 years now. I thght I had it under control but I had 2 bad flare ups n had to be hospitalised n put on isolation. I hate the condition I can't eat without feeling bloated infact I hardly eat but I dont stave. Mainly eat salads n hommus n crackers. That works for me.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up