So fed up with gp right now 😠😠😠

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi guys I'm back again 6 weeks in agony and still waiting. Last week my gp sent me up to the surgical assessment centre and what a waste of time. When I saw her I was in a lot of pain, no temperature but really hot and clammy and my heart rate was 115-120! Got there waited for 7 hrs just to have bloods taken and be sent home ๐Ÿ˜  my bloods showed up an infection but not high enough to keep me in and they refused to give me anything for the infection as they don't know where or why I have it. They never did any blood pressure or heart rate checks while I was there either. My options was to stay in on a morphine drip but I'd have to sit in the waiting room on a chair all night! What a joke! They'd have been treating me for injuries from falling off the chair if I had done that lol. Since then I have now started with pain in my left side as well as my right and pain across my mid to upper back and my nausea is getting worse by the day add dizzyness and heart palpatations to that and its really geting me worried. Just called the drs this morning to see someone after a terrible night in pain and I even woke up at one point soaking wet with sweat and feeling really ill and the nurse practitioner who was taking the calls basically said I can't see what more we can do for you til your endoscopy. I told him if they don't see me I'm off up to a&e and he backed down and gave me an appointment. The left sided pain is a concern especially with the ultrasound showing a dilated bile duct but no stones in my gallbladder (I'm worried something is blocking it) and in my immediate family there are heart conditions (my sister has a hole in her heart and a heart murmur and my dad had an heart attack before 50 as well as other things) am I worrying to much about all this? I just don't get why they're not showing any concern. I'm in agony right now across my back and my right side with nothing but over counter painkillers and a hot water bottle. Fed up doesn't begin to describe how I feel right now. Has anyone else ever felt like not enough was being done or that they've just hit a road block in treatment I'm just so fed up of arguing to be seen ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Oh Alison.ย  I feel your pain I really do.ย  Your GP sounds rubbish.ย  They should be giving you hard core pain relief for starters.ย  Plus other medicines that will help.ย  Be persistent when you are seen.ย  Good luck
  • Posted

Alison, please make sure they listen to you at your appointment, insist they give you some better pain relief and also something for the nausea, there is not a lot they can do to make you better while they are still unsure as to what is causing your symptoms but they should help you manage it and to be comfortable and functional until they do. I'm one of the lucky ones, my gp is fantastic and will prescribe for me over the phone ad he knows I'm waiting to have my gallbladder removed. Good luck with your appointment and let us know how you get on xx
  • Posted

All I can say is I think the way you have been treated is awful. I had all my tests which confirmed gallstones last October and can't see surgeon until may. I'm just living on painkillers and antacids. Just keep making a fuss until they find out what's wrong. Good luck.
  • Posted

Sorry for your pain. Sounds a lot like I was back around Christmas, I do have stones, but bloods were Ok so I was in limbo for weeks with similar symptoms. I'm now on surgery list and stable though not really well and hardly eating. I was found to have very low blood sugar during an "attack" that felt like a heart attack, racing heart and nausea, immense chest pressure - having liquid glucose from the paramedics worked wonders, although I still had the abdo pain etc. Worth having some sugar or a sweet drink if you are having an attack to to make sure. I'm not diabetic by the way, but carry glucose tablets and sweets with me and it really helps those symptomsย  which occur when we cannot eat properly. I was sent for CT scan due to severe left pain that came on under my rib and to the back as well, pancreas was OK but they found a small hiatus hernia and they can cause symptoms that mimic gallbladder and other things, my stomach scope looked normal though. It has been a terrible 6 months and I feel for you as I can understand. Dizziness and palpitations are another thing I get and not due to heart they say, but many with gut/ gallbladderย issues can get this even though text books may not say this. Hope that you soon have some relief - I have researched and devised my own supplements support as none other than anti acid meds from doctors and it has kept me going butย is expensive - as a former health and complementary worker I can do this. Take care and good luck x
  • Posted

Thank you all for all your replies ๐Ÿ˜Š they gave me omeprazole and upped it to 40mg but it doesn't help. They originally gave me cocodamol 30/500mg didn't even touch it so when at hospital the offered me codine and paracetamol to come home with I just broke down. I'm barely eating and have lost nearly a stone in the 6 weeks which doesn't sound a lot but I was only 8 stone to start off with. I've been off work for nearly 5 weeks and am due back on reduced hrs when my sick note runs out next week. I have had no more then 2 days in a row with just mild pain and it's made even just simple daily tasks hard and having 2 children to look after it has been a struggle. Most days I'm just left on the sofa trying to get relief from a hot water bottle and heat patches. The last doc I saw was lovely and very concerned and that's why she sent me up to the hospital. If I'm honest I'm hoping this doc I see today will do the same incase the left side pain is my pancreas starting to "grumble" if the wait for the endoscopy is 5 weeks as they said it should be through within the next week or so fingers crossed but with how much worse I feel within the last week it really is quite worrying xx
    • Posted

Just a quick update. The gp I saw was a locum and she was brilliant. Ive been given tramedol and nefopam and told I can also take paracetamol. My heart rate was 149 when I first got there and went to 120 before I left. Blood pressure was 149/91 too. She's making some calls today to chase up a few appointments and trying to arrange a ct scan within the next week. I have to call her back tomorrow to see what's happening. She was debating sending me up to the hospital but after looking at my history in the last month she said she'd try and get it sorted as an outpatient rather then a further wait in a&e where I could be sent home again. I mentioned the endoscopy and she seems confused as to why I'm being referred for one with no heartburn/indegestion or reflux and where my pain is ๐Ÿ˜• she's disgusted that no ecg or checks were done last week with my heart rate. Fingers crossed I might be getting somewhere x
    • Posted

That's so good to hear, im glad somebody is finally listening to you and doing something about it, even knowing that somebody is actually listening must be making you feel a little better, hope the meds kick in soon x
  • Posted

Hi, Alison, keep fighting the good fight! ย I'm glad you found someone who is willing to help you. ย Please let us know how you get on! ย We'll all be thinking of you! ย 
  • Posted

Alison my ultrasound showed inflamed bile duct back in December but no stones. Saw my consultant tonight for MRCP scan and guess what stone stuck in bile duct and stones in gallbladder so don't be fobbed off!!!
    • Posted

So glad you got your diagnosis ๐Ÿ˜Š I don't have much faith in the ultrasound scan to be honest. So many of you lovely people on here have the same stories! It seems ultrasound isn't the best way. While I was up at the hospital last week a lady had just had her ultrasound and the person that did it told her she could see stones. When the doctor came and told her results 2 hrs later and said the scan was fine she was fuming and told her to go look again as she had been told she had got them already. When the doc came back she confirmed that there was a stone and her only defence was she had only had a quick look and apologised. ...Needless to say the poor lady will be putting in a serious complaint x
  • Posted

I really feel for you! I understand exactly what you are going through and it's really tough, I know. Once you get diagnosed that's it. if only theu would acknowlege the pain! Everything is so slow and it's so hard with the pain and the fear makes it worse. What are you eating? I only ask because eating extremely low fat really helps with the pain. Also, I was prescribed Buscopan. You can buy it over the counter. It's really good for the stomach cramps. Best of luck to you x
  • Posted

The pain meds have now kicked in ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ still very sore but not in agony. This morning I felt like I'd been kicked all over, couldn't lean back on a chair even raising my arms hurt my sides now it a bit more manageable still there but miles better! I just have to try and get the right level so im not away with the fairies while trying to look after 2 children lol. When I call the docs back tomorrow I'm hoping to have an appointment for a ct scan and fingers crossed I may just get an answer. I just hope whatever it is shows up on that. I wouldnt know what test to suggest if it comes back fine. I was told low fat diet no greasy food, nothing spicy, no caffeine and no alcohol. I'm barely eating lisa98146 I'm literally nibbling on bits like banana, plain biscuits rice and a bit of porridge sometimes xx
  • Posted

The pain meds have now kicked in ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„ still very sore but not in agony. This morning I felt like I'd been kicked all over, couldn't lean back on a chair even raising my arms hurt my sides now it a bit more manageable still there but miles better! I just have to try and get the right level so im not away with the fairies while trying to look after 2 children lol. When I call the docs back tomorrow I'm hoping to have an appointment for a ct scan and fingers crossed I may just get an answer. I just hope whatever it is shows up on that. I wouldnt know what test to suggest if it comes back fine. I was told low fat diet no greasy food, nothing spicy, no caffeine and no alcohol. I'm barely eating lisa98146 I'm literally nibbling on bits like banana, plain biscuits rice and a bit of porridge sometimes xx
  • Posted

Hi Alison I had all the same as you the sweats which I had thought was my memory foam mattress lol .I had my gallbladder removed in Jan this year after Large stone was found blocking my bile duct . After the op now 3 months on I have a few side effects but am no way feeling as ill as I had been I was lucky to have had private mdical ins and after wautung3 months on the nhs to have a ย scan decided to use it the op was done asap and recovery was really quick ..Hope this helps and good luckย 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.