So frustrated

Posted , 3 users are following.

It all started in March got sick with a cold that took a while to get over, finally got over that then allergies triggered so coughed some more, to the point where I suffer from inflammation in my rib cage, with all this and going to doctors I've developed health anxiety and now I'm to the point that I don't think I know what normal is anymore, every ache and pin I feel regardless if it's significant or not I assume it's the worst, when really it may not be and probably isn't. I stress over everything I feel, it becomes my focus its so hard to break away from doing so.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    • Posted

No not yet, I think I have it under control then I feel a muscle twinge and think it's something bad, I realize a therapist would help me understand what I feel and how to deal with it, it's tired of not feeling 100% although I know my anxiety has brought a lot of that on
  • Posted

My best advice to you is do not ever use google as your doctor. Dont google a thing. It will be your worst enemy. 
    • Posted

Boy is that true. Although I have really learned alot from the right sites and that helps you know what to ask a doctor or side affects of meds that they never bother to tell you about. Ashley there are so many people with health anxiety. You cant see me,but I am raiseing my hand. Doctors apt tomorrow and im wondering why im going,so many questions to ask,i probably will get one answer. So another night of bad sleep. I hope you find a way to get it under control. Ive even thought as far as hypnotism. Therapist are so expensive. We have very high deductable health ins and that causes anxiety. I think I better read some books as with a 6000 deductable a therapist would be very expensive.Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.