So glad I found this site!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am so glad to have found some of the great information that I have read on this site relating to peri menopausal symptoms. I am 44 years old and basically since the beginning of this year I have physically become a different person at least 2 weeks out of every month. It is becoming nearly debilitating. I have an appt next month with my gyno. The symptoms have included hot flashes ( which no one can understand until they experience for themselves), I think the onset of the hot flashes each month then trigger severe anxiety/panic attacks. I am not sleeping during these symptoms. I am able to fall asleep but usually wake up sweating and in a full on anxiety mode. This month I am experiencing severe almost like morning sickness symptoms (I am definetly NOT pregnant) literally throwing up today from nausea. I am just beginning this journey.. My mother said she began peri menapause at 44 as well . I am so ready to get to the doctor to find out what is going on... 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You are in peri menopause with the night sweats and anxieties. Hang in there your moods will be a roller coaster and so will your anxieties. 

If you can you could take HRT to help the symptoms if you can't take HRT ask for an antidepressant an SSRI to help the symptoms 

Good luck and hang in there

• Posted

Thank you!! It is so good to find this site where I am able to find other women who can relate!
  • Posted

Angela, 

I too had started perimeno at your age.  The whole nine yards of irregular periods, night sweats, plenty of sleep interuption.  

There are many good authors that will help you understand this lovely segment of life.  Apparently however, I am not allowed to list any books or aurthors, as the last

time I gave some names that were very helpful to me, my post was completely  deleted.  

Good luck and I hope you find some help soon.

• Posted

Ok thank you... I will look at some books as well on the subject. Thank you for your advice. I am so glad I am not alone and have found this forum with other women who are suffering as well. 
  • Posted

Angela, I use progesterone cream for the same symptoms, it really helped. Also making sure my iron is at the proper level.

• Posted

Thank you Jennifer... I didn't even know about progesterone cream... I researched and found I can get this without a scrip at health store? I am def giving it a try... Thank you for your advice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.