So how we all doing?

Posted , 11 users are following.

im just about to go to the doctors to see if i can continue on the pills. i have been on them just over 4 weeks and lost 14lb so a stone. so i am now 17 stone, but i havent budged in days. despite easting like a bird and runing 3 miles per day in this heat. cant seem to get passed the 17stone mark. same problem when i diest without the pills, get to 17 then i cant move it. how are you guys doing ??

steve x

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hiya Steve :-)

Congratulations on your weight loss of 14lbs, thats great! I managed 10lbs after a month of being on Oristat, I am more than happy with it.

I'm just plodding along with it, trying to stay upbeat and realistic about who long it is going to take me to shift my weight.

Sometimes its too easy to get caught up in dieting and all you end up doing is focusing on the things you cant have. Its great you can run at 17 stone, I know I cant! lol I was swimming 3 times a week but got pneumonia, so its just walks with the dog at the moment.

It will feel great when you get to 16 stone something :-) that will be my next goal!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

yes i know its odd really no one can believe that im 17 stone and im not at all held back by it. i run like hussain bolt. well in my head i do its probably more like a teen girl runnin from a killer in a slasher movie smile. motivation is the key but it is hard to keep it when nothing happens for ages. sorry you got ill sad hope you feel better soon. you will and ready to kick ass again smile xx
    • Posted

Yeah!

I am not one to feel sorry for myself biggrin proir to gaining weight a few years ago I was extreamly active, salsa classes, swimming, high impact aerobics, karate (reached Brown Belt)

I had a mid life crises and few other crappy things happen in my personal life,which made me take my "eye off the ball". I went to sleep and woke up and found I had turned into a hippo! eek lol

I'm pretty positive about my weight situation, I know its coming off, just would prefer it to be a little quicker lol

///*.*\\\

• Posted

yes me too. it helps to stasy motivated. i think ive lose more size than weight. but human physiology is if we eat right we reduce in size. so i know it will happen. but like you say faster would be better. maybe next summer i can take my top off without fear of been harpooned and returned to the sea smile x
    • Posted

lol @ Harpooned! x x x

Oh darn!......dont think I can wait till next year, I'm aiming for Xmas!

Look into my eyes, not around the eyes eek

Everyone say after me:

*******WE MUST STAY FOCUSED!****

*******WE MUST STAY FOCUSED!****

*******WE MUST STAY FOCUSED!****

cheesygrin

///*.*\\\

• Posted

so im back from the docs and he took on look at me and said forget weighing you i can see clearly you have lost weight, i think he was impressed lol. back on them for another 2 months. then 12 all been well. im over the moon as it gave me motivation to get a doctor impressed i must had done good lol 
    • Posted

Well done Steve x x x

My doctor will only prescribe Oristat each month and that is if I show an acceptable weight loss, not exactly sure how much its supposed to be though!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

mine doesnt really tell me what im supposed to loose either. i dont think they know to be fair 
  • Posted

Gosh! I had better do some work, otherwise I will have to sack myself!

Onwards and upwards with the aid of my little blue buddies x X x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

WOW Steve bet your really pleased thats brilliant cheesygrin, In my 3rd week but to help I joined SW the same time I started taking the blue bullets, lost 1st 1lb fourth weigh in tomorrow.

Maybe you need to eat a little more due to your exercise as our bodies can store food if it thinks its not being fed?

Plus when we up the exercise our body stores water to protect the muscles being used.

Keep going lovely you are doing brilliantly cheesygrin xx

• Posted

so im back from the docs and he took on look at me and said forget weighing you i can see clearly you have lost weight, i think he was impressed lol. back on them for another 2 months. then 12 all been well. im over the moon as it gave me motivation to get a doctor impressed i must had done good lol 
    • Posted

Well done you must be over the moon.  I have to be weighed in by the receptionist!! lol I didnt even see my GP, I phoned up intially for an appointment to try and get on to the scheme for SW on referral, where the NHS pay for your first 12 weeks. Instead I got the Blue Bullets and I went and joined SW lol.  Keep going hun your doing fab x
  • Posted

• Posted

Well Done xx

You have to lose at least 4lb for them to give them to you i have always lost more than that hence why i was given them every 4 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.