So icy cold

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone, every two weeks this seems to happen,  I get so icy cold my teeth chatter, my husband says I feel like a corpse,then I get that hot I could stand out in the garden naked and the heat really hurts my skin, the sweat pours of me.

I am so very tired for about 4 days, then really hyper where I can't sit still and on the go 24/7.

i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 4 years ago also at the same time menopause, can't take hrt and take 75/50 mcg levothyroxine.

are the symptoms I'm getting menopause or thyroid or a combination of the two whatever it is I feel awful.

i have not have a bleed for about two years now, came of hrt in October 2014 it doesn't like me, I take vitamins and have a good diet, I lost 2 stone in 3 months when I came of hrt, brain fog this week, don't know what I'm talking about at the moment. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi scampi i get icy cold too sometimes when in house and im breathing in it feels like im outside breathing in cold air its not nice it feels like its right to my bones. its a little scary and then it returns back to normal there is just many symptoms to the menopause its really soul destroying some days when its just one thing after another.  i get the brain fog quite a lot they call me clumsy and forgetful at work at the min as i dont seem to know what im saying or doing most of the time. x
    • Posted

Hi thank you for the reply, some weeks are really good when I'm confident and wanting to do lots of things and out all the time, and then there is this other person, miserable forgetful hot sweaty and corpse like, I have every symptom of meno and more, I gave up work 4 years ago I was that bad, I was going to be sectioned, not good and slept for hours and hours, then the thyroid.

had coil fitted for the progesterone my body even rejected that and I got a very bad infection and ended up in hospital, lost 3 stone  in two months, do you get buzzing in your ears and dizziness.

• Posted

i get dizziness and that detached feeling all time.  sometimes i just wanna curl up and sleep bit of a bad day today had bad episode at work sent anxiety into over drive and been like that all day gettin to the point where feel like ive had enough of this would just like to be normal for a little while x
  • Posted

Hi Scampi18

I used to get that myself (I have started HRT a few months ago since then haven't had it anymore). I used to get hot like hot hot and then so cold even though its been warm, shivering and feeling like I d'have fever (which on two occ. I meassured indeed I had temps!). When those symptoms started with me I also lost weight quite rapidly! I am in peri for quite a few years and have put on weight, those symptoms I started to get in November 2014 (when, acc. to bloodtest my estrogen started to go rapidly downhill) and I lost 4 kg back to my skinny self. So yes I d'say defs. menopause. I guess comming off the HRT in Oct. 14 your body is now "struggeling"/ adjusting to the estrogen loss hence the symptoms. In theory they should pass once your body has adjusted. Brain fog is also meno smile

• Posted

Thanks for reply, I think I am eastrogen dominent, every time I took hrt I had to come off it, I felt like I was going to kill someone, and went psychotic, I'm glad of the weight loss but this meno thing has lasted 4 years now, plus hypothyroidisum ? Do you get what I can only describe as fizzing through your body, and funny sensations in your hands, I am thinking of starting on progesterone cream, I can't take soy because I heard it interferes with thyroxine, and when on hrt you have to up dose of thyroxine never felt right since going on thyroxine, got endocrinologist in June so hopefully he will be able to help me with all my hormones. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.