so lonely

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please help. I've suffered from PSTD 3 times in my life now. I 'block out' a traumatic event(s) and only remember/ relive episodes months or years later. My family has left me alone ve never believed that any of my past experiences even happened and its left me alone and isolated - being branded 'deluded'. its a living hell and i'm really lonely. I've lost everything to PTSD and OCD 3 times in my life now. I'm scared I can't see a way out of this anymore.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

you seem perfectly coherent to me, so I don't think you're deluded.

there is a way through I promise.

the fact that you block trauma out suggests that your defences work a bit too efficiently.

have you ever had any type of therapy?

xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi helen, Thank you for your response. I've had councilling recently but my memories hadn't even begun to surface at that point and I was still dwelling on a previous 'shock' episode and working through that one. I have a good MHT at the moment, nice people who seem to believe I am in fact suffering from PTSD and now OCD. I'm so pleased they've reassessed the previous dianoses of bipolar, but my family do not take anything I say seriously after my first episode/incident over 15 years ago.  I can CBT - I'm delighted, as I am now 'ready' to talk. Just feel so ashamed of my illness and the effects it sometimes causes.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Sarah,

How're you today?

I was pleased to read that you have a good team around you and are getting some support....You're clearly a really good person, so try not to let your condition define you too much. I know that when i was really bad with depression and anxiety, it felt like I was just 100% the condition. I had to keep reminding myself that it was just something that had happened to me - not who I am, if that makes sense. You're still you with or without your awful condition. Thinking of you H x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi-

I know all too well the feelings of overwhelming reoccurring nonstop memories of negative events in my life or really in my opinion, poor decisions I've made and how ashamed i feel and they just resurface and recycle so quickly and I can't keep up with them. Needless to say I can't focus or get anything done ( I said it anyway ), growing up I've always had very good friends and my isolation- complete apathy and really fear of taking action going outside or being in public? has come to the point where I am alone and that really sucks...

I try not to think about it as best I can and just talking about it now kind of brings up some shhittie feelings. * Why do I assume I already know the outcome of a situation or why do I assume I know what other people are thinking when they probably don't even notice me ? While I focus so hard on this instead of letting go and just doing it ? I can't keep talking about this it's giving me a freaking anxiety attack right now ....

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up