So many illness fears

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've recently had so many fears of illnesses that I may have because of constant symptoms that keep coming back so I'm going to say out all my fears here.

-

•Celiac disease, someone mentioned this disease and I googled it and realized I have symptoms from it but maybe confusing it for my GERD?

•Brain tumor/brain issue, constant headaches and also balance problems (so scared about balance problems).

•Parkinson's disease, constant muscle twitches sometimes but I keep convincing myself they are tremors.

•Heart issue, different kinds of chest pains, dull, sharp, burning and sometimes worst with breathing.

Lyme disease, I have so many bug bites around my body and have just general symptoms with my memory and though process and relate them to my bug bites.

•Arthritis or something because I always get joint pains, bones pains and/or muscle pains and it's very annoying.

•EHS or electro-sensitivity I think it's called. Someone told me about this by messaging me and it got me scared because I have symptoms but I'm not sure if wifi waves cause them. I kind of do though because every time I use my wireless headphones my head hurts for some reason.

-

Sorry if I sound stupid with all these illnesses especially since it's almost impossible to have all of them or in fact even have some or any at all. My health anxiety however just keeps telling me I have one or some of these but I think I'm just going crazy. What astonishes me is that my symptoms go away after rest in the morning or after bathing and/or showers and most of the time I only experience one symptom at a time but they come and go.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Dillon, there is one thing that you for sure have. Its hypochondria. Look it up
  • Posted

Rule out Celiacs with a blood test and colonoscopy. eat a lot of glutenious foods for 2 months before tests. if you eat bread, noodles, pastries daily, you can have the test right away.  many of the symptoms you are having are often realted to malnutrition aka celiacs. before I was tested i was like you, searching, knowing there was something wrong, but what was it!?! i was desperate, no one beleived me till i got so sick i was hospitalized for 4 days.

i feel so much better eating this way (gluten free but minimally processed), it really is miraculous. it is worth ruling it out for anyone with even just one symptom.

hope you get all your symptoms figured out!

• Posted

not limit, eat and enjoy LOTs of gluten before the test, but cause if you have CD, you will need to stay away from it the rest of your life, even trace amounts or damage will still happen.  More on that, only if you have CD. Good luck Dillon
  • Posted

hi ive been like this for a year now now im sure ive got a brain tumour cos i get constant tension headaches lately how long have u been suffering ? ive also gnt tinnitus in 1 ear X
    • Posted

do u have any ringing in ur ears? do u get headaches everyday? are u on meds?
    • Posted

I usually only have ringing after experience to loud noises for a long period of time or sometimes I get episodes of ringing at night.
  • Posted

Hi Dillon. A lot of these fears can be eased with some testing. It's fairly easy to detect many of these conditions, and your GP should be able to advise you on what to do. It's extremely unlikely that anything is wrong with you. All of this is the result of health anxiety. Practicing calming techniques might be helpful to you, and things like therapy might also be useful. Rest up, feel better, and take care. smile 

Peace xx

• Posted

Until you have this anxiety disorder managed anything you see, hear or read you will absorb. Its horrible. Have you looked into therapy to help with the disorder?
    • Posted

Breathing techniques have helped and I've been able to keep myself occupied for a good amount of time usually.

• Posted

DILLON,

you do not sound stupid. If it helps to share your fears, I am here to read.

So, whenever you have these thoughts, write them down here, and then go rest, or bathe, or have a lovely shower.

kind regards

judith

• Posted

Hi Dillon,

I totally understand what your going through as I am exactly the same. My current fear is having heart problems but I know there's nothing wrong but I convince myself to the point that I get all the symptoms. It's so worrying as it's affecting my whole life as I'm scared to go anyway incase I have a pain. attack (which I get frequently) but I know I can't hide away at home. My symptoms seem worse when I start to panic so I know they are related to anxiety!! And when my anxiety is at it's worse it's horrible. My parents think I'm overreacting all the time so I don't get any sympathy from them so I feel quite alone,

I hope you get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.