So many post did any of you get any answers?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son is 2yrs 2 months old and has suffered Constipation for 10 months ...

it started when i went away for a weeked and he had his first weekend without breastmilk...

3 days late he was screamin in pain and had a stool stuck I was a bout to take him to hospital when in dropped enough for us to remove it,

the problem got more fequent over the commin weeks desipte alot of research on web tryin all kinda things increasing his fluids (which just made him wee more) and changing his diet (we tried more prunes, brown bread rice pastas, water melon and watery fruits cutting out bananas and other foods)

and he was perscibe Lactulose by the dr, whom told me it was just something toddlers get at this age,

but it got worse as we weaned him on to cows milk and the dr just increased his does of Lactulose over and over ... and saying would be 2 years until he would ref him to hospital.....OMG was my reaction,

he passes stools most days but all are firm large and dry like rock the poor thing is in tears trying to pass them.

his hanging of funtuire like his in labour and there telling me this is normal at his age.......

so with yet more net research tried yet more diet changes no milk at all , goats milk, pre and probotics, excirses, massage still to little or no effect

he now has senna from the dr too but the dr is still refusing to give him a ref, but my Hv has aleast said there is a problem she thinks its \"slow bowel\" so currently trying to find out more on this as i am at my wits end and running out of things to try to relife his pain its breaking my heart,

I know this is also now becomming phyiclogial too and who can blame him when it hurts him so much, I am worried it will effect his happy go lucky nature being in pain for months on end.

not to meantion he starts pre-school in nov and i am worried if this isnt sorted by then what i am going to do

so any ideas or suggestions please i am so tried of getting no help from gp and i just dont know what else to try...........

i have read all the posts on here and noticed alot posted in 2006 how are any of those children doing now did you find any answers?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi CJ..

Im so glad to hear Eleanor is doing so well... I totally understand your frustrantion although we werent quite as long waiting with oliver we find ourselfs being told the same things... we havent had our follow up apt yet thats not til Oct, Ollie is on 2 sachets a day atm and seems to be going most days if not every other day,

Though our new worry is he is saying his scared of poo and still trying to hold it! ...

Ollie has just started wearing pants in the day time so we have introduced a poo fairy for poos on the potty. its such a shame cause his perfectly ok doing wees and is \"dry\" but having trouble convicing him to poo on potty or toilet,

so doubley frustrated that they have left it so long as now think we have a mental battle on our hands too!

will update again soon for now keep your chin up smile

tracey

xxx

• Posted

Hi just thought I would drop buy and give you a update ....

After a few good months with movical Oliver started to get firmer stools again and to gain control of his movements, so on a follow up visit he had his movical increased again to 4 packets a day.... wow was my reaction, as 4 does seem alot for such a young child.

Ollie has now started at pre-school ... so manging the emotional side is worry to me and convying it to the preschool staff the importance of asking him if he needs to go when his \"in the pose\" without making a fuss or a issue of it.

how is Eleanor getting on

• Posted

My friends son is on 12 ... yes 12 .. sachets of movicol per day and is still yet to run clear hes been constipated for over 12 months now and in and out of hosp with no info given to my frined at all, she has asked for secnd opinions but they wont refer her as say this is normal .. NORMAL?? 12 SACHETS!! Hes in agony, crying, vomiting u name it hes doing it ... what can I do to help support them? Her son is only 3yo btw =(
  • Posted

Hi,

My 6 yr old daughter has been constipated for over a week.

She is having bouts of pains that I can only compare to labour pains. These are usually at least every 30 mins, and sometimes go on for a long time. She wails and writhes around the room in agony.

She is now so scared of going for a poo that she is holding it in.

She can't walk straight and only wants to lay down.

She has never been in so much pain.

She has been prescribed Movicol, lactulose and dulcolax.

Can anybody help, reassure, provide any suggestions etc?

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.