so many symptoms. anxiety???

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've  Been on cit 10mg for nearly 3weeks now and iI feel awful these are my symptoms I have constantly over last few days

Spinny head/foggy 

Random head pains/pressure

Eye strain / focus blurred

Shakes

Fluttery chest

Weak limbs

Feel faint

Sweats/chills

Naseua 

Rushes throughout body

No appetite

On edge can't settle

Can't sleep

I'm finding it so difficult to cope and I have to young children to look after and no one to help me, I've had checks n bloods done n everything fine but slightly low in iron which I have meds for now, please some one get bk to me

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

I have small children as well. I feel those symptoms too. I've been on prozac which has helped. It lessens my fears and helped me know it was the anxiety and not actual danger however there is still a little ways to go for me. I'm sorry you feel this way. It is hArd and scary. Best of luck to you I'm here to talk and listen if you want
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I've been the same the past few weeks.

Speak to your doctor if your medication is giving you side effects and he or she will advise you or give you new medication. I'm on cit 20mg, I've just started on it, don't lose hope, this will pass and you will be fine again. 

Just keep being positive about it and stay strong. Anxiety is one of those things that you have to beat by facing it, so accept the feelings you have and believe that the feelings are not going to harm you, they're just playing game with you. 

Hope you well soon. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think you are having a combination of anxiety and side effects from medication.  Anxiety has so many different symptoms.  My worse one is the fluttery chest and palpitations.  I have lost masses of weight because I had no appetite, and awful nausea.  I am not on medication becuse one doctor gave me for tummy problem gave me acute anxiety.  I did get some for the nausea.  Sometimes with these drugs we do feel worse before we feel better. 

If you have had no improvement soon, have a talk with the doctor who prescribed the medication.  You cannot go on as you are.  I am sorry you are feeling so bad.  I try and live with my anxiety as best I can.  Let us know how you are now please.

Anxity so difficult to deal with.  I wish I knew whether we were better on or off medication.  I was on an anti depressant for many years which did take away depression and anxiety.  My doctor encouraged me to stop and it took months so I did not get withdrawal symptoms, but now the anxiety is here again.  i don't ever want to go back on that anti depressant, and I am very wary of taking an anti anxiety drug.  Tried in the past and had bad side effects.  What do do?

I am sorry I am no help, but 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was exactly the same when I got put on cit, I was put on 20mg to start with and felt like they were totally wiping me out. After a month, my doctor suggested to take 2 before going to sleep to help calm me down, which has been working for me so I don't feel so spaced out during the day. The doctor told me that cit can take about a month to kick in and to push past the side effects. Hope that helps at all! smile 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Dizzy (your name seems appropriate right now!)

I am feeling exactly the same, my symptoms practically mirror yours. I'm experiencing fatigue too. I've been battling this now for 5 months and just recently in the last few days my doc has increased my med so I'm hoping for some relief soon.

I also have a little fella (20 months) to look after. If you'd like to add me on fb we can chat on there too and hopefully provide some comfort to each other. My name is Kat Gant and profile pic is of me and my hubs. Xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanx for the replys everyone I went the docs and she has reassured me it's just anxiety and has upped my meds, still don't make it any easier sad
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

being anemic could be a cause of a lot of these symptoms so iron tablets should make you feel a lot better.

Richard

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up