So many symptoms, frightened of something serious

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm an 18 year old male. It started off about 5 days ago with severe stomach bloating/cramps in my abdomen, odd bowel moements, flatulence, things you'd associate with IBS.

But then serious fatigue kicked in, but it's not a mental fatigue, my limbs feel seriously tired all the time, especially my legs, no matter how much sleep I get. I also get jerking in my muscles, usually in my legs or arms, sort of a minor twitch that happens involuntarily and I sometimes get weird bubbling feelings around my legs. Right now my legs/feet feel colder than they should and weak, like I have circulation issues or something.

I'm absolutely frightened of it being something serious like leaukemia. I've booked an appointment with my GP but the soonest I could get was next Friday, and I don't know if I should be asking for an emergency appointment instead. I'm scared of having a severe illness and that week of wait being the difference that kills me. Are my symptoms enough to warrant an Emergency appointment? Does this sound like something serious, or is it likely just IBS + anxiety

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Go to the doctor. Never self diagnose yourself with anxiety when you feel ill. You need to get an axam. 
    • Posted

I don't know how to say this without it sounding rude, but did you read my post?

• Posted

Yes. Go to er. That's a lot of symptoms and a long time to worry. If you get worse it may be harder to get yourself to Dr

• Posted

Im in the usa and get confused how it work over there. I guess they do not have urgent centers either. Maybe not so bad to go to the hospital to check this out.
  • Posted

Hi

If you are really concerned go to your nearest emergency room. I suffer with ibs have done for years however no two people will ever experience the same symptoms. If it's reassurance you need go get it checked out. Whatever you do though please do not Google your symptoms as that will just elevate your anxiety.

• Posted

Hi young man, I agree with the previous reply...rather than wait until Friday, go to the casualty dept: just to put your mind at rest...it does not sound anything serious, but you will just worry more and more....try to relax and ask someone to go with you for a bit of support when you go to casualty....

They are very good and helpful, and will highly likely put your mind at rest young man,,...very best wishes, I hope that all goes well.for you.....regards xxx

• Posted

Have you had sex in the last week? And was it in unprotected. With your systems it can be a number of thing.
  • Posted

Hi Thomas,
    • Posted

I hit the wrong button. Have you meen diagnosed by a doctor?? That is the first thing you want to do.

The first things you mentioned sound like you should have a thyroid test. It is easy and results are fast. If this is it, it can be taken careof easiy.

I have a recently diagnosed thyroid problem, as well as anxiety, and shoud have it balanced to normal within a few weeks.

I am on meds for anxiety, and doing well with that and the selp of this forum.

If it is IBS, there is a natural way to handle that. Let me know if that's what they find and I will tell you about it.

As you can see, I am familiar with all three. But first, go get diagnosed. It will be a relief for you to know, and we here will be more able to help. Hugs to you Honey.

• Posted

Thank you. I'm going to ring on Monday and change it to an emergency appointment instead of waiting down to Friday. I don't feel bad enough to ask my dad to drive me up to the emergency room right now, I haven't vomited or excreted blood or had anything like that yet which might be a good sign.

• Posted

Thomas,

When you are at the doctors, have them check your mineral balance, also. Tell them you want your magnesium level checked also. Even though magnesium is a mineral, for some reason, you have to request that separtately. The muscle stuff could be low magnesium.

Take this list with you, so you remember all this.

• Posted

Hello Thomas

The GP appointments are breaking down at this time. Your condition sounds like anxiety although I am no GP and if you feel concerned and very worried contact on phone 111 and talk to them, they will triage and decide if you need to go into hospital. You can however visit an A and E Hospital and explain your concerns.

Sad it is Saturday, you can call the out of hours GP line as well or on Monday call the GP Surgery and ask for an Emergency Appointment or a GP  Callback and explain your concerns.

Keep us informed how you get on

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.