So many theories and medications but are we forgetting blood type digestion?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi 

Am really curious to establish how fellow acid reflux/ gerd sufferers are researching blood type diets? 

If you look at GERD diet recommendations, it clearly stipulates that citrus fruit is a big no no. If you look in detail at a blood type diet for a blood type A, it clearly states that pineapple is BENEFICIAL. May I detail that there are 3 classifications of food and drink on blood type diets

1. Beneficial

2. Neutral

3. Non Benefical - Acts as poisons to the system. 

It's worth thinking about where acid formation is concerned for all of us. I just wonder if when establishing the GERD diet, blood type digestion individualities were taken into account.. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think gerds could be a multifactoral illness. Brought about by being born with undiagnosed defect,genetics,lifestyle among many other things
  • Posted

I have found no scientific evidence to support the Blod Type Diet having searched Cochrane, PubMed, Eureka, Wiley and Google Scholar

It's another of the many diet fads that are promoted by various people, in this case Peter J. D'Adamo who claims to have collected over 1000 items of scientific research (without providing reference links).

The only connection between blood type and acid reflux disorders is the research done by Professor Christine Caygill (whom I know peronally) who manages the UK Barrett's Registry (the largest of its king in the world) who has found an increaesd risk of progression to Barrett's Oesophagus in those with the rhesus negative aspect - irrespective of blood group - to do with pooling of Nitrous oxide (but I won't attempt to get into the technicalities).

There are many theories about diet and GORD and many "cures" promoted by snake-oil salesmen making themselves rich on the suffring of the gullible who buy their books. This is the reason the book I am writing is comprehensive, fully researched, and confirmed by gastroenterologists and FREE.

Not quite ready for publication, the associated website may be found at DownWithAcid org uk.

• Posted

Thanks Barretts, I can always depend on you. i look forwaed to your book.biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.