So much heart anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm 22 yrs old and have had really and heart anxiety for 2 months now, it started with skipped beats and my anxiety took over and it only got worse from there. I went and saw a cardiologist in July, did an echo, 24 monitor and a stress test. He said everything was good and that I just had minor mitral valve prolapse which is harmless but my anxiety got a lot worse after that and I spent hours looking up info on it and it only got worse, getting up would make me super light headed and make my chest pound, everything would false palpitations and eventually I convinced myself I couldn't walk and was afraid to get up. I've been seeing a psychologist and have been doing CBT it helps a little. I got put on propranolol 10mg once a day. It has helped tremendously but I do get chest pain and I don't sleep well at all (I think it all has to do with my anxiety though and creating these side effects). Just recently I went to another cardiologist for a 2nd opinion and he put me on a 3 week event monitor, I had an episode where my heart rate went up to 180 and he caught it on the monitor and told me o had SVT and to keep taking the propranolol and that I could grow out of it and that it's not fatal and that I'll be fine.

Now I got my results from the event monitor and it shows signs when I signaled I felt symptoms and it says things like sinus tachycardia, sinus rhythm and sinus bradycardia. All of which after reading sent my anxiety sky high. I got myself so worked up and scared now. On the report during certain episodes I could see my heart rate was at 47 Bpm, which makes me super anxious thinking something bad is going to happen. I'm so scared there's something wrong with my heart and it leaves me up most nights. I only sleep 3-4 hrs a night and when I try to nap during the day I can't, I'm so fidgety. I haven't been to a single college class yet because I'm scared to be alone in case something happens. I went to the ER during an SVT episode and they did a picture of my heart took my blood and did an X-ray and said everything was perfect, no damage to the heart or anything but it's like my mind is creating all these problems because it's convinced there's something wrong and they're not catching it. My mind creates all these symptoms constantly, chest pain, pressure, discomfort, twitching but when I do something to be busy I don't feel any symptoms.

I'm starting to lose hope, I'm so scared and don't know what to do. On top of that I'm sometimes anxious over taking the propranolol, and that makes things worse too. I'm scared my heart rate gets to low sometimes and then I'm scared its to fast, I'm constantly checking it and just writing this makes my chest feel uncomfortable. If anyone can help or has anything similar please let me know, I feel so alone

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Western medical people are Effing idiots!

I've been on propanol for only 3 days and having more cardiac issues than before I started!

My blood pressure is all over the place,like 120/70 to 90/60 then 168/90...WTF?

Went to the ER and actually got looked at like I'm stupid!

Their darn quick to prescribe this garbage but when you have adverse effects and you tell them +as per instructed+ You get "OH IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD....Bunch of morons!

Like I can get my BP to at will just jump all over the place!

Sorry but that's the truth!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.