So relieved to find this site

Posted , 10 users are following.

I can't tell you how relieved I am to have found this site after using one which mainly has posts from women outside of the UK. I was beginning to feel like a weak and feeble woman who just needed to pull myself together after reading of women flying around the world, going back to work, walking miles, driving and going back to normal activities fully, all two weeks after hysterectomy surgery. I know that everyone heals at their own pace and we are all different but I can't imagine doing any of that. I had TAH on 10th Feb. I am feeling good but a shower tires me out and going to the loo has become a 30 minute task...minimum.

Thank you for making me feel more 'normal' again.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you for replying ladies. I'm not having a particularly good day today. After two days feeling fine and not wanting to nap at all, I have fallen asleep twice so far today in the middle of reading and I am quite crampy. I must have been up and about too much. My scar is stinging and I have new pain inside, just above the scar line. I feel exhausted. It appears that recovery from this is going to be one step forward and three backwards.That's how I feel today anyway. Sorry for the moan. Hopefully, I will be back on track tomorrow.

My main problem is forgetting not to bend or stretch. I never realised how often I do this during a day and I can't seem to stop myself. Now I'm worrying what sort of damage I'm doing. Hopefully, the fact that I can do it without pain means that it's ok to do it? I don't know. So much conflicting information out there.

• Posted

You will feel like this from time to time, we heal when we are asleep so sleep is very important and its early days for you, I was also very gung ho when I came out of hospital, I had no pain whatsoever right from coming around from anaesthetic so was very lucky, but, it made me want to run before I could walk... literally, us of the female persuasion tend to be like this, we have to learn how to take things easy especially after a major op.

Take care and you moan as much as you like, we are here to listen.

Phoebe x

• Posted

Hope your feeling better today...I know what you mean, I keep thinking I will just do this or that, then by 4pm im exhausted and my abdomen gets all bloaty and sore..... We need to be more patient ( if my husband reads this.. I knowing should practice what I preach!!!!)
  • Posted

Hi, I had my op on the 12th, went from working 10/12 hour days as a strong , confident woman, to someone wh gets excited by the fact that I can get off the sofa without wincing!!!!!!!!! I really thought I would breeze throughthewhole thing!!!! Last week I thought I would never feel normal again,and believed I was  being pathetic........joined the group this weekend and it's been helping so much...... Can't imagine getting to the local shop yet...let alone a plane!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.