So sad

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi,

i found this forum 10 months ago after my bilateral tkr's and like most of us, found it a godsend, with great advice, empathy and sympathy when I needed it.  I can't express how grateful I am for helping me get through and see a light at the ene of a sometimes dark tunnel.  I like reading what's been written, compare notes and give advice.  I am not an expert.  I'm not medically trained, I'm just overwhelmed by the journey and sometimes have to pat myself on the back for getting through this ordeal.  As you know, not been easy for any of us but at least we knew we could talk to each other here and share our stories.  This is turning out a bit long winded but I've recently discovered there has been some underhanded bullying going on in this forum, in the form of " personal" messaging, where another patient, who I only know through this forum, has been bullied to the point, she no longer gives advice or feels she can join in on any discussions.  How sad it has come to this.  I'm not going to mention names because your conscience will let you know who You are,   I do think you should feel ashamed.  We are none " holier than thou" and all in pretty much the same boat.  So what if some improve quicker and some swear that icing helps or that we've had more operations so should know everything so much better than other mere mortals on here.  We are all here for the same reason, advice and saving our sanity, when we think we're the only one going through this.  What right has someone got to rubbish the advice and take the cowardly way and send what they think in a private message.  What are we, spiteful teenagers??  It just makes me sad to hear this kind of thing.  it is a help " forum" after all.  Letting everyone have their point of view.  So children, be nice hey.  

thanks for listening......

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I too am sorry that someone felt so threatened by someone's nasty private remarks that they felt like they could no longer return to the form. I am post op 7 months on my right knee, and five months on my left. Participating in this form has helped me immensely! The support and loving advice from everyone is always a comfort to return to, no matter what stage you are at. Both giving and receiving advice seems to be emotionally therapeutic also. From the bottom of my heart, I give all of you thanks and much gratitude. You have shared with me all the ups and downs throughout this whole overwhelming experience. I hope that whoever has been bullied will feel from the rest of us that they can return back here to open arms. Good healing to everyone and God bless.

• Posted

Awesome post, Sue!😊

I often think about what causes some people to sympathize and help and why there are certain other individuals who find it necessary to spread sadness and heartache wherever they go.

Perhaps they just get some kind of joy out of it.

Maybe they are hurting and have no understanding of how to reach out and give rather than to make others feel small and ridiculed.

Thank you for alerting us all to the situation! It is always better when we stand TOGETHER against any cruelty.

Praying for peace and happiness tonight!😊

• Posted

Hi cheryl

i just saw these postings and could not believe it. The reason being that I myself have been the subject of a bullying campaign from several people of another forum run by a completely different organisation. The messages came from a handful of people nd were very inappropriate accusing m of being mentally ill, having an alter ego. I reported this but got nowhere.

I needed the input from the same forum and rejoined. Now I notice it is happening again but to someone else.

I agree that there is no need for this cyber bullying and it can make the target feel like giving up on life.

Kind regards to everyone. xxx

• Posted

So sorry to hear that you experienced bullying! I have no patience for it because there is NO REASON for it other than to make the bully feel powerful.

Bullies never realize that they are showing extreme WEAKNESS not strength as they attack others.

Wishing feelings of peace and strength to you today. Life is PRECIOUS. Each person is PRECIOUS. We all need to care for one another, HELPING, not hurting and lifting one another UP, not pushing one another down.

Sending prayers today to all who have experienced bullying and also sending prayers to those who have bullied others. May you understand and learn kindness and spread it to others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.