So scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i have been up since 9 oclock reading the whole of the questions posted on here - I recieved my 1st ever pack of orlistat yesterday and im just so scared to take them - although I must say reading the experiences of everyone has made me feel a whole lot better - i have been overweight most of my life but have lost weight recentley but could only get a stone off but im so desperate to loose 4 stone for my daughters wedding in August - im very lucky in not having any health issues at the moment but im sure they cant be far away. Does any one have any idea of how much fat we should be eating per meal it differs from 1 person to another i quess because some have said 10grams per meal and others 15 grams per meal - in anxcious but so excited at the same time HELP Please !!!

thank you

Donsta x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's trial and error I am afraid.. The makers of Orlistat advise 12 to 15g per meal and 30-50g a day..

I find if I don't eat enough fat I don't lose.. I don't actually count the fat...

You are advised to eat low fat foods.. so look for labels that state under 5g per 100g of product..

AND don't be scared.. the pro's far outweigh the cons..

I was terrified of \"accidents\" too..but haven't had any and have just completed my 2nd month on them.. I have lost 8 kgs in 2 months..

Good luck.. just go for it

• Posted

Thanks for that - I have just took my first tablet

I weigh 14 stone and 5lbs and am 5ft 3

was so scared this morning now im just excited that i hope i am going to be the weight I want to be

A big thank you to everyone one his site for all the excellent info and stories lets keep on inspiring each other

:lol: donsta x

• Posted

hiya Donsta

don't be scared, its really not that bad :D

I too don't look at how much fat I'm eating, I just try to eat healthier, use common sense, portion control and upped my exercise

I have had the side effects, but thats always been down to me eating badly, and I've always known I'm gonna get them, sometimes fish and chips is worth the side effects :oops: but I have had no 'accidents'

some people on here use MAP a telephone helpline thingydoodah run by the makers of orlistat, (tel: 08007317138)

good luck! as Kayos has said ... \"just go for it\" :lol:

• Posted

hiya

i started taking my pills last night and ive not felt anything dodgy happen at all. no vast amounts of wind. no oil. and (close your eyes coz its getting dirty) not even a poo. which is unlike me as im a regular gal :oops: but nowt at all!

I was really scared to which is why i waited till i wasnt working the next day as i guess i was feeling a bit pessimistic about mebbe having a very embaressing toilet moment.

go for it girly! nothing tried nothing gained. or lost as it should prob be on this forum!

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.