So scared

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am so fed up of feeling this way. I feel I am on the verge of a breakdown or something. I am so scared I keep having heart palpitations like skipped beats and it scares me so much. I keep having twicthes all over mainly my toes and I can't stop worrying something serious is wrong. How can someone feel so unwell daily and there be nothing wrong? I am even more scared because its affecting my sleep everytime I try to nod off I jerk awake or wake trying to catch my breath and my heart racing and it can continue for hours before I finally fall asleep. I think I am dying. I am so scared I dont know who to turn to and my GP doesn't do anything he just says its anxiety like its nothing. Anyone else experienced the same symptoms?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes same, I'm on antidepressants, change your Dr, it is anxiety, and depression, get help, I suffer very badly in the mornings x
    • Posted

Hi thank you for the reply. What are your main symptoms? And do anti-depressants work for you? I guess when ever I see my doctor I just feel like I walk away like I have not been understood like as if I am a broken record its nothing to a doctor that must see this all the time they don't realise how much I suffer every day x
    • Posted

I wake up feeling very anxious, I feel soo low that I feel ill never be better, I cant stay in the house, I walk around all day, cant concentrate, cant do house work, I get emotional very quick, get scared I'm going mad, cos all I can do is think how I'm feeling, bad dreams scare me, the layer part of the day I'm a bit calmer, but I hardly eat, lost waight, only sleep 2 to 4 hours a night, if at all, you?
  • Posted

Please don't be scared!! The reason you are jerking when your falling asleep is because your brain is on high alert! Because you've become so scared and anxious your body is responding to keep you alive and out of danger that's why you are experiencing all these symptoms. I promise your not going to die! You are just in a vicious circle of anxiety and you need to break it! Try breathing into a paper bag or controlled breathing. Breath in for 4 seconds hold it for 2 and breath out again for 4 seconds. Your going to be ok!! Xx
  • Posted

Yes,in fact im having a heck of a time.I have some new health issues and i cant deal well with it.I have all the stmptoms you have.I have ben on anxiety meds for years and apparently i need a higher dose.Doctors just dont seem to understand.You arent alone.Hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

believe me that i am passing through the same period. I have breast pain lower back pain, constant headaches, the worst possible thoughts. Beleive me whenever i go to bed i think how tomorrow i won't wake up. Another fact that confirms that it is anxity. Well sometimes i act really sick i invent sickness even though i don't feel anything. I am starting to halucinate 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.