So scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have really bad Heath anxiety been to the doctors so much this year and it's never anything but this one has kept going and got me scared, I am currently waiting to go to cbt sad.

I started having a pain in my left breast at the beginning on January I went to the doctor she examined me and said that there is nothing there and the both felt normal and she wasn't concerned at all so I was feeling a bit better,

I went back a few weeks ago to see a different doctor because I noticed a red spot on the same breast she examined me again and said everything feels normal and it was a pulled hair it did go away.

I have forgot all about my breast for 1 month then I started feeling again and noticed the pain was still slightly there on one spot I freaked my self out by googling and I came up inflammatory breast cancer I haven't been feeling right since I'm scared to go back to the doctors

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

My right breast was filled with nodules. I was 24 at the time (in 26 now) and was sent for a mammogram. Got that and a sonogram, and they couldn't find any of them that were there 3 days prior. You'll be fine. Bodies have a way of doing completely harmless weird things
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

That's how it goes with health anxiety, no amount of reassurance helps in any way. The only really way to deal is to stop trying to fix the physical issues , as there aren't any. It's good your waiting on CBT, don't be afraid if it doesn't work, CBT often doesn't but it's offered first as it's cheap to deliver. Theres other therapies out there too which may work better
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank for replying I get my self really worked up about so many things and let it all build up it started in January so made me think if it was something sefious I would be worse?

Was the nodules sore? Delaina? he said she could send me for a scan but didn't think I needed one as she wasn't worried and it would be week waiting to get one as its not urgent,

Thanks jmcg I will give a try first and see how I go then if it doesn't I will look into something else

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up