So sick

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hate waking up to horrible anxiety and nausea. I'm so tired of this. I'm just shaking and feel crippled by this anxiety and depression.

im afraid this will never end.

Laurie

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Laurie,

It will go. I hve been on fluoxetine for18 months now and it took 6 weeks for the meds to kick in. I had the same as you anxiety, nausea and no appetite. It's a terrible thing to go through, but just hang on in there and you will get better. Good luck.

D

• Posted

I forgot to ask are you taking meds ?

• Posted

I just upped my dose of Prozac to 30mg yesterday from 20mg. I also started Limotregen. It's a mood stabilizer. I ended up taking 1mg of clonazepam this morning as I couldn't cope. It's unfortunately starting to wear off now. I sure hope that the Prozac is the he right medication for me and will start working soon. I constantly feel out of it and weak. I hate the mornings and daytime as it is constant suffering. Sometimes in the evening it calms down a bit.

Thank you for all your words of support. It really does help and I feel less alone.

Laurie

• Posted

Hang in there Laurie!!!  I feel the same way, but some moments are getting better. Really they are.  We want it to be better yesterday.  I get it.  Be kind to yourself.

Sue

• Posted

How far along are you and what medication are you taking?

Thank you for the support. It really does help.

Laurie

• Posted

I was five weeks on Wednesday (yes I count the days also!!).  Today has been better. But last night I was crying.     I just kept saying one more week, one more week.   Go outside if you can and just walk to distract your mind and get some sun.  I know easier said than done.    Sunshine is good.  And I always felt better after a good long cry (like last night).  Sleep is still an issue and I feel if we could sleep better maybe our anxiety and panic would be better.  Try not to ruminate in your head so much either.  That's what causes my panic. 

Sue

• Posted

I think because my dose was upped the side effects have worsened.

My sleep is filled with dreams. It's like my mind doesn't quite shut off. 

The worst thing for me is the anxiety, nausea and shaking.

i just want to feel calm, myself and normal again.

• Posted

Laurie,

Just give it more time, you will suddenly feel better, it takes everybody different times for the meds to kick in. I went through all the sh*t u are going through and it does feel like it will never end, but believe me you will feel normal.

Take care.

D

• Posted

Thank you Deborah,

It eases my heart some when I get support, understanding and other people knowledge on here.

Laurie

• Posted

Oh honey!!  You will get through this.  I wake up everyday with "nervous gut" and horrible shaky anxiety.... Even tho all I am doing it going to work.  The thought of having someone ask me to do something "spur of the moment" makes me want to run home and hide away.  I hope you start to feel better soon dear.  I am here if you need to talk!!

• Posted

Thank you Jenn and sorry for the late reply.

I completely agree with the "spur of the moment" requests. 

How far along are you and at what dose?

Im having a hard day today. Just need to sit and cry for awhile. Release some pressure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.