SO sick of it! I'm tired of it :(

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello all,

I haven't written for about a month as I felt better. On Monday I started feeling on edge and full blown panic attack on the plane on Wednesday!! I hate flying as I can't get out of it but my partner treated to this holiday which is lovely of him. I've tried not to think about it but once at the airport i thought i would faint. Just before taking of I said to him I need to get out.. Before you knew we were in the air. It was horrible and only 30min before landing I started to feel better. Once we got there it took me a while to get used to everything as it always does...but today was horrible. It came back with a vengeance and I feel terrible as my bf really needs this holiday and all I can think about is going home. I felt tired today and got back in the room around 4pm and every time I could feel myself drifting off I panicked like I never did before, kind of like no you can't fall asleep it's not night time... Shaking, heart racing, feeling sick like can't eat and just want to vomit and totally terrified!! sad(( I had enough I'm on holiday I'm supposed to be well and not ruin everything! I wanna be back in my home bed, feeling safe, with doctors and hospitals that I know. What am I gonna do if I get crazy here?! They all speak Spanish and they probably wouldn't know what panic attacks/anxiety are... Why am I being scared of being scared I know what they are and have suffered with it for 18 years! I started CBT a few weeks ago, I read books about it and I'm on 20mg citalopram. Every time I get it it always feels worse than ever before!! Please can someone help me to get through the next few days. We are flying back next Wednesday and have cbt on Thursday. Everything irritates me, noise, banging doors... It's all too much.... I'm on holiday what's wrong with me!! Why do I get this here!! It's ruining my life! And now I have to go for dinner which is a struggle as I have to pretend I'm ok when I feel all gellyish and just can't stand to think about food right now. Does anyone ever feel so bad?? What can I do to make it better? I try to do my breathing exercise whenever I can.... Thank you for reading. X

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I read your post and know how you feel. For me, the first panic attack with palpitations/fluttering came out of the blue 5 years ago and got me straight to the docs thinking I was having a heart attack.. examinations showed no imminent arrest nor heart problems, although I do have a heart murmur so that made me scared when I felt the fluttering, like a bird was flying in my chest, along with choking sensation in my throat. I know now these symptoms are classic Panic Attack. I was given various medications, such as Propanalol which calms and slows the heart rate, on a need to take basis during an attack. Then was prescribed Cipralex (Escitalapram) - a longer acting anti depressant effective for anxiety. Over a period of weeks, that did kick in and worked for me. I also underwent a 13 week course of CBT therapy. No more panic for several years. So last year I stopped taking it, thinking there was no more need for it. A month or so ago, however, after a period of stress, the palpitations started up again - as well as being short of breath, sweating and blurred vision. One panic attack after another, making me have to take sick leave from work and hardly able to go out. I cannot drive for fear of an attack, nor even go shopping or to my gym alone. I now am back on Escitalopram, waiting for it to kick back in again and get my life back as it was before I stopped taking it. Like you, my partner has a problem with this condition - it is not nice to witness nor live with, as well as me being off work and not earning to help the household expenses. My only social life is people coming to the house. I know it will get better again, but waking up each day wondering if the tightness in my chest is the start of another panic attack is part of the cycle. I can only urge you to get advice, medication and CBT therapy if this sounds like anything you are experiencing. For the immediate or short term, try and see a doctor to get a Diazepam (same in any language) tablet for the trip home. My doctor gave me a 5mg tablet when I was almost on the floor in the surgery, for an instant relaxant to get over the panic. I have 2 more in the house 'in case'. Good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.