So so hurt....

Posted , 7 users are following.

My daughter whom I've shared the closest bond with for almost 14years has cut me out of her life. Bcoz I'm in a new relationship she wanted me to pursue to be happy. Not seen or spoken to her and she won't come home. Im devastated....

4 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Is there some other reason for this since she encouraged you in your new relationship? I know how terrible you must feel. I am very close to my daughter too. I would suffer too if she alienated me. But maybe its becoz she is very busy and cannot call you very frequently. My daughter is doing her MD so she is extremely busy. I miss her a lot too.
    • Posted

My ex husband is very emotionally controlling and has been for years even though we split in 09. He isn't happy about the relationship and think her age teen yrs combined with slowly being brainwashed by him could be the cause. Not seeing her is one thing. To not text wen I msg her and put the fone down wen i call is another xxx she's such a great kid she was so happy I was smiling again. ????

• Posted

I am very sorry to hear that. But you must not stop trying. Kids are easily lead in their adolescent years but they settle down after that and can think and rationalise better. So dont give up. Keep sending her affectionate messages and maybe she will reply one fine day.
    • Posted

it is a law that she will come back to you. It make take a little or some time. Have patience,   and keep sending her affectionate messages. 
  • Posted

That's just plain rubbish, who cares if you have a new relationship? You live your life and it's up to your daughter to sort out her silly behaviour, because it is. Tell her to grow up and stop denying you happiness.

• Posted

A few ppl have said that because shes always been a great kid and thts y im stunned.... she told me to find simeone. Be happy mum. Now this xx
    • Posted

Be careful, I really doubt that strategy is going to help.  

If someone is after "fairness" in a relationship with their child by all means decide what's fair and tell them where to get off.  A lot of people just don't care about fairness as much as what can reconnect them to their kid.

Besides that there are two other issues here:

1). She might be just acting temporarily irrational because that's part of her job description as a young person.

2). Amanda already said she's not sure of all the reasons the led to the behavior.  Never go nuclear until you have all the facts.

• Posted

So true i feel she has been drip fed some by ex husband. I understand the nd for her not wanting to see me just yet given her difficult age etc but to not text and put the phone down on me is not how she was raised and the most hurtful thing I kp sending her msgs so she knows she's missed and loved with no reply. So i can only wait and kp my messages of love ppl have sent of reassurance that I gave her all I could that I didn't have and love beyond measure and whatever happens my memories videos and pictures xxx i hope for the opposite but i dont know what thd future holds xxx

• Posted

Back to treadmill work my hurt out there at the gym xxx
    • Posted

Teenagers have a lot of mood swings. They are in the confusing in-between age where they are neither adults or children. Just give her a little time and she will come around. Dont worry. Involve your mind elsewhere till then.
  • Posted

I am so sorry Amanda and I can't imagine how you must be feeling.  I do agree with the others to give her some space and I am sure she will return to you in time.  It sounds like she is in a strop but when she calms down hopefully she will come back to you. 

Don't give up hope love.  Bev x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.