So so scared of Sudden Cardiac Arrest! What are the chances if it happening to me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im a 30 year old female and havent smoked for 3 years. I try to exercise 4 times a week for an hour. I lost my pa to a heart attack when he was 81 and my nanna had open heart surgery at 65 but other than that there is no other known record of heart problems in my family. Ive had 2 ECGs before, one when i got a small electric shock and once when i had a rapid heart rate (i was very dehydrated) and they were both normal. I have had blood tests for heart disease (normal) and my cholesterol is good. Ive read stories about seemingly healthy people just dropping dead from Sudden Cardiac Arrest or just not waking up. I did sone research and it turns out that between 1 to 4 people aged 35 and younger die each week from sudden cardiac arrest. I cant sleep at night because I worry that I will be one of them and Im scared to be on my own i case I suffer a cardiac arrest and no one is around to help me! the fear is nearly crippling

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

HI! It sounds like you're healthy and have had all the necessary tests done so you shouldn't worry, that only makes it worse. I know, easier said than done! Try to take up a hobby that takes your mind off of it for some time, listen to music, make yourself occupied. Don't over do anything, eat right and exercise and you will be okay! Live your life, don't hold back cause you're afraid!

Best of luck, I hope this helps!

• Posted

Jessica

We can all drop down dead fom a heart attack, you have had the tests and you are ok, so the chances are slight when you consider the six milion who now live on this crowded isle.

I am 66 and of course it does concern, the only difference is as we get older something has to take us over so it may be that I suppose.

When I was younger I was like many on here, I do not think they relate. I went through all the tests and even when I reached middle age I would be concerned that the Grim Reaper would knock upon our door. 

Still here.

The chances for you at this time is slight, try and understand if it happens it happens and so be it. Try and move on to worry about something is bad for us.

Keep a hold

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.