So thankful for posts that talk about success...big or little!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was about ready to check out of reading posts until I came across Gillian's positive one... I know we need to vent, and I've done it, too... but it seems like nearly all the posts were doing nothing but causing me even more discouragement and wondering if I should stop taking this med. Others have had encouraging posts, too, talking about how good feel NOW... (thank you!!) It does seem like it takes Citalopram longer than most SSRI's to 'kick in'.... So here is wishing the best for ALL of us! smile

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Brtty

I'm on week four and i am noticing very small gradual improvements. Like I've started to go for little drives, i couldn't leave y house for a month before .

I think with these it's perseverance. Not that I'm an expert I've been wondering whether to continue them on several occasions. This conditions hard as you have to get off the rollercoaster of life.

Hope your condition keeps improving

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, Akens... I think you are right about the perserverance! I emailed my dr (and advantage of Kaiser's) and told him I would stick with it for at least 4 to 6 wks... He said he wanted me staying on 10 mg for 1 month then he will up it to 20...SO...we shall see. Today and yesterday were so bad that I had to take an extra Ativan...(which sorta helps...kinda!) Evenings are best for me... but oh MY mornings are SO hard with anxiety...Well, we shall perservere and overcome, right? Right! smile Thank you again.

• Posted

I have had great success. I'm only on 10mg and I can't tell ou how relieved I am. I was on a downward spiral. And I feel like my old self again. I'm supposed to go up to 20mg but I'm going to hold off bc of the success I've had. I hope you are feeling better!!! What were your side effects? Small steps are better than no steps!! Keep going!!!

• Posted

Today was the first time in 2-3 months I woke up feeling normal and not too high/low.  It was weird.  I feel slightly numb in the head though.  See what happens over the next week.
  • Posted

Could not agree more! This is a rough ride for sure. If it were not for the hopeful posts and advise I may have given up during the toughest days. I am just starting week 5 so know I have some time to go but sincerely the support and reassurance is invaluable. As much as I like my doc she does not understand how difficult the adjustment to this drug is. She tells me every day will get easier but it does not work that way. Some days are OK some days are a living hell. The only thing predictable for me is that mornings are horrible, always. I will be so happy when that Subsides!

Good luck and better days ahead to each of you!

• Posted

I was put on 20mg of Citalopram in September for anxiety - it took a while for me to start feeling the effect but thankfully with the exception of night sweats and a little increased anxiety the first week, i didn't really experience any bad effects like a lot of people seem to!! In February i went back to the GP as although had improved still had some lingering anxiety. Been increased to 30mg and feel so much better! I now have the odd day of feeling a bit meh - but am happy more days than not and not worrying irrationally. I put off going on medication for a long time but seriously wish i had done it years ago. It has made a huge difference to me. smile Nice to see other positive experiences! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.