So tired of this crazy ride!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Just need to vent! I was finally starting to get a break today with the heatburn I had been having for the past several days and then all of a sudden I got this weird feeling in my stomach which migrated to my chest. Of course this sent me into a panic and I was left feeling weird off and on all day long. I kept checking my bp and pulse to make sure it wasn't my heart. My legs had that weak wobbly feeling and I felt tired and strange all over. I will be so glad when all of this is over! It does not follow any discernible pattern of behavior at all!

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

Oh do I know the feeling! I almost feel like a crazy lady and add to the fact I'm a nurse and all these symptoms and I think I'm going nuts!!!! I start to obsess over the littlest thing it's horrible as I'm writing this I'm actually starting to have a hot flash ughhhh nothing prepares you for peri menopause mine started about five years ago and it was subtle now I'm fourty seven and almost everyday I feel something different thank god we have this website! I would have committed myself lol hang in there I usually try to distract myself from my crazy thinking

• Posted

You just described me today. After I had terrible gas, I had the same darn thing. Scared me into a panic attack. My legs felt heavy which I think was coming from the anxiety. I've had this feeling before and it still scares me. I came rite home and jumped in the bed. You are exactly right, it has no discernable pattern. It just happens when it happens.
    • Posted

I felt really off too!!! I feel like if it isn't one thing it's another ughhhh I just distract myself I have Xanax which I don't like to take unless I'm super bad which is rare! All these symptoms just suck in plain English thank god for all of you women going thru this I appreciate this website so much
    • Posted

I have Ativan, but like you, not really enthused about using it unless I really need to. I was driving when it happened and my daughter was with me, she let me hold her hand long enough to calm down so I could drive home. You are rite. Every day it's something. I was very irritable this evening and I don't know why. I was snapping at everyone. This is all so draining.
    • Posted

Even driving I can feel the anxiety I was never like this before this last period for me has been never ending a few weeks now just literally had my period and still going but with barely anything it's a nightmare and I am hoping this and all the symptoms go soon this is a miserable time and not too many people understand because they didn't go thru it
    • Posted

I at least wish that I knew what triggers the anxiety then I could avoid those things but like I said you never know what sets it off. There's no pattern!
    • Posted

I understand. I have no clue what triggers the anxiety. It just comes over me. It has gotten a little better, but I still have my moments. I noticed that when it's time for my menses ( which is due in a few days) I seem to have the worst symptoms and this week has been rough. I just had a menses about a week ago. It's truly crazy.
    • Posted

You described me today Jamie....in bed as I'm writing this!
    • Posted

I am in the bed today also. These weird sensations are crazy. I hate feeling like im sick especially when I know im not. I could be feeling fine and then its like BAM!! Just not going to let me feel normal.
    • Posted

I wish I knew. I ask myself the same question everyday. I cant imagine more years of this.
    • Posted

There is light at the end of the tunnel hang in there...xx
  • Posted

ive also failed to find any pattern in all this craziness

there are times i purposely go against certain habits i had formed - like avoiding caffeine or white sugar/ flour foods....just to see if it triggers any of the awful symptoms but no- i find no direct link

its all very hap hazard- every day is a new day full of stupid surprises. i hardly get an evening of respite

i start to panic thinking this could go on for 10-14 years !! even after that it may leave behind its scars for life !!!

• Posted

I know I keep wondering how long will this go on. I have young kids too. So that makes it difficult when I'm not feeling my best and they are running around the house and want my attention. I feel bad for them sometimes because they deserve the real me, the happier me and they get the grumpy depressed me sometimes. I hope they don't remember this part of their upbringing. I remembe when my mom went through it. I was about 10. She was always yelling at us for any little thing and crying a lot. We thought she had lost the plot many times. I don't want my kids to feel like that about me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.