So tired of this crazy ride!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Just need to vent! I was finally starting to get a break today with the heatburn I had been having for the past several days and then all of a sudden I got this weird feeling in my stomach which migrated to my chest. Of course this sent me into a panic and I was left feeling weird off and on all day long. I kept checking my bp and pulse to make sure it wasn't my heart. My legs had that weak wobbly feeling and I felt tired and strange all over. I will be so glad when all of this is over! It does not follow any discernible pattern of behavior at all!

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry Shar to hear it, I have had almost everything you are talking about, the legs, and chest issues, weird feelings. I would suspect that its due to this hellishness called meno.   Have you used anything like Black Cohosh or anything else?
    • Posted

Yes I have tried it. I just reordered some more. I was on it for a short while and stopped taking it because I was misinformed by something i read online about black cohosh converting into estrogen once digested. Turns out that's not true. So I am waiting for my order to arrive.
  • Posted

shar, didnt want to add to your woes.

im sure when the right time comes your children will understand and reciprocate with understanding

when you do feel better for the time that it lasts - make up to your children, schedule your work accordingly

im also tending to ignore many of my family obligations though my kids are much older

• Posted

Yes I do have my good moments and in those times I play and have fun with my kids. It's not all bad but I feel bad for them when I have to tell them that I can't do something because I don't feel well. Sometimes I push past my feelings but then there are times when I'm so overwhelmed by these symptoms. 😢
  • Posted

You're right - it doesn't follow a pattern and you can't prepare for it. You don't know when or how the enemy will attack, you just know for sure that it will. Thinking back, I think it may have started for me seven or so years ago. I am so glad to have this website. Vent away, Sharcerv! I just tell myself it has to end some day....Hope you get a break from these weird feelings soon 
  • Posted

You wouldnt believe this but I got up to go to work today and retured home before getting to station. I had digestive problems which then turned into severe anxiety which resulted in palpitations. Got an appointment at GP doc aii 11.30 today he said all ok but will put me on a 24 hour heart monitor.I bought some digestion medicine on way home and went to bed. This is all tooo much!
    • Posted

Sorry you went through that. I hope you get some relief soon. I know the feeling though. Digestion issues have gotten me down with anxiety too. The funny thing is I never had these issues with digestion or anxiety until this peri thing started and yes it is way too much.
    • Posted

Those are my two main enemies in all of this, digestion and anxiety. I never had heartburn, anxiety, digestive issues or anything before peri hit.
    • Posted

That is me all the way. I have been suffering with this since peri started. I feel like the sensations move back and forth from my stomach to my chest and then that scares me and the anxiety gets going. I feels like it takes forever to digest food. The gas is ridiculous. Im either burping or passing wind. I've lost so much weight because sometimes i dont wanna eat even if im hungry because i don't feel like dealing with the digestive issues. Some weeks i dont have that problem, but closer to my menses, this crap is magnified to the highest degree.
    • Posted

Yeah I have been dealing with the chest, arm, shoulder, neck and back thing for over a week now. Some days are not as bad as others. But it can be terrifying sometimes. I know what you mean about losing weight. This time last year I was twenty pounds smaller. I just started regaining my weight seven months ago. Peri took my appetite away for a while too. Peri is awful!
    • Posted

Yes it is. I have the underwater head and chills today. This just absolutely sucks.
    • Posted

thanks for posting - I have had the 'underwater head' thing recently. I thought I was going deaf. Now I see it's yet another sign of these ghastly times......aargh
    • Posted

Me too. I was listening to the radio and thought that the sound was getting less and less. My anxiety immediately kicked in thinking something was getting ready to happen to me. Just so darn frustrating.
    • Posted

I sooo know what you mean my allergies have gotten so much worse over the last few years as well I'm a nurse and sometimes don't even know if I have a cold or allergies I feel so groggy sometimes! This peri is such bs I just finished a never ending period for five weeks four weeks of kinda spotting then actually had a period for ten days seriously a nightmare today got up with a pain in the side if it isn't one thing it's another sooooo annoying thank you all for listening

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.