So where are all the housebound people at?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all newbie here. How is everyone? Many other people here housebound? smile

0 likes, 22 replies

Report / Delete

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Are you kidding me, I wish u get ill as well so you dont make fun of everyone.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Not anymore! Lol I force myself out now! Still feel symptoms, but trying to ignore.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ahh, that's good that you are recovering. I'm in the early stages of recovery. Having therapy and trying to push myself further and further. Early days yet but its not going too bad. Made a lot of progress sorting everything out with my GP, sorting out benefits etc etc. So i've cleared a few things out the way that were making me anxious, so i can now focus all my energy onto recovery now. smile
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yup, it sure is. Sure makes things a lot better when you get rid of things that make you anxious 1 by 1 though doesn't it? That's what i've found anyway.  For me it was seeing my GP, but that's now sorted and out the way. Second was starting therapy, worrying about if i'd have to go to them or not. But thankfully i've a nice female therapist who comes and gives me sessions at home. They don't normally do that, but she allowed it for me. She's really good and we get on very well and have a good laugh along with the therapy. Then i worried about benefits. I heard so many stories about claiming benefits being a nightmare. But for me it was really simple and i now get 2 different kinds of benefits. Get more than i expected too, which was a nice surprise. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, I had fear of becoming housebound abd agoraphobic so made sure I didn't avoid the places I thought I'd get anxious, I did get anxious but told myself that it was unreasonable not to feel anxious but if I could deal with it and cope I'd be ok.

You sound like you've a positive outlook fir your recovery.

Neil 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Good for you mate. Keep it up. I did that in the beginning, but my anxiety became so severe that everything would spin and i would faint. I then found myself avoiding places where this happened. But it was when i lost my job the being housebound set in. I was quite happy to have some time off and rest in the beginning, but in hindsight it was the worst possible thing for me at that time. Before i knew it 6 months had passed and my home and my gardens soon became "my safe place" and my anxiety would kick in if i went past my safe place. I then suffered in silence for a time before reaching out for help. 

Yeah, i try to stay positive. As far as i see it you can either sit and cry about it, or just try and get on with it. No point crying over spilt milk and all that as its already been spilt. smile

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hiya, ive been off work for about 8 weeks im just so scared to leave the house, pathetic I know and I always said I wouldn't let that happen but hey ho, I do manage (just) to go to the local shop and the docs when need be but other than that I just cant do it, I know I will be ok but that doesn't help I just cant do it sad
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hiya Lesley.

When you go to the shops or the docs you should try and go to just 1 more place afterwards. Do this every time you go to the shops and docs. Keep doing this for a while and it should start to become the norm for you. Once it becomes the norm, try to force yourself to go to 2  more places instead of one, and so on.  Hope you feel better soon. smile

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hiya, thanks for the advice, I will try that although I have to say it sounds really easy but I know I will just get myself into a real state, I know that's the wrong attitude I have before I've even tried but thats just the way it is just now, but I will as I said at least try it might take a few attempts but I will keep trying till I get to where I want be smile
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Don't know why Tim thought you was being nasty as it doesn't come across that way. Are you seeing a psychiatrist? 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Alex. Yup, i'm seeing a therapist now. She comes and gives me sessions at home. They don't normally do home visits, but she made an exception for me. So i've been pretty lucky there. Its still early days yet but its coming along. She's nice, she knows exactly what she's on about and we have a good laugh in the process. I have another hour session with her first thing in the morning. smile

Do you suffer anxiety too? 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea I suffer with health anxiety. I see a psychiatrist once a week, got my 3rd session tomorrow at 12, anxiety is the hardest thing I've had to deal with. That's good that your therapist comes to you, I didn't get that option
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hows it all coming along for you so far, making progress? 

Yup, its the hardest thing i've ever had to deal with. People who know me  say that i've been through wayyyy more than enough before the anxiety attacked and that they couldn't handle many of the things that i've been through. All that other stuff is probably what lead to the full blown anxiety that i have today. Its consumed me for so long. But now it is time to kick it in the goolies. cool

1986 your birth year btw? Mines 1980. cool

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea 1986 is my birthday year. Yea people have said the same to me. I think it's helping, I Havnt been to the doctors for two weeks tomorrow, which is effort as was going almost every day, been struggling today though, especially right now. Sometimes hard to hold it together 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi,

How are you getting on?

I can totally relate to some of the things you have said. I too lost my job due to depression & anxiety. I tried for so long to pretend i was ok & fight it & hold it all in until i couldn't pretend any longer.

Butterfly x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up