So worried please help !!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I am picking up my prescription for orlistat this afternoon and been reading all about it onine I am so nervouse about the orange oil thing? I work in a huge office and I am seriously worried this will happen and will come through my clothes has tis happened to anyone. Is there a warning before this hapens? I intend to follow a really low fat diet but not sure what the cut of line is with these tablets ? My doctor is great but ddn't give me a lot of information ... Any advice would be soooo appreciated. Oh tis ia a great website I will be following everyone on here the support will be great x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey,

I am totally in the same position as you! Huge office, full of IT blokes and no toilet near my desk! Really scared about this happening. Hope someone can point us both in the right direction!

Amy

• Posted

Hi both,

I'm a newbie but have been on them before. As you'll see on here everyone is so helpful and sharing each others stories. Some info is conflicting but thats only because everyone is different.

How it was explained to me was...

You know how everyone is different with calories, heavier people or more energetic people need more to function.. well its the same with fat. alot of people stick to no more than 15g of fat per meal. This confused the hell out of me. Instead I eat what I believe to be low fat, the advantage for me is I follow Weightwatchers anyway which is mainly low fat. I do look at Nut Info and make sure something doesn't contain grammes and grammes.

I guess what you have to do is learn your limits. If your bunged up, introduce a little more fat in your diet. However, if your not loosing then you've introduced too much. Don't forget you need to exercise too, the more you do the more you may lose.

I'm certainly not an expert and people on here will help you too. I've just done a LOT of research, but at the end of the day this works for me.

Sarah

• Posted

Delaney...welcome - what about only taking your first tablet say on Saturday if you don't work then or on a day when you don't need to go out. You will find your level eventually....if you don't eat more than between 25 -30 grams of fat per day you shouldn't have any bother. Some of us have never had the dreaded side effects so please don't let it take over your life. Try it first on a day at home. Give yourself time to get used to them. We all felt like you to start with....take care.
  • Posted

Hi,

Sat is your best time to take your first one as the first tablet (sorry to be crude) flushes you out usuually within an hour of taking it. This is the one and only time I have had this effect though.

Look carefully at your food labels dont eat anything that is more than 5g fat per 100g, if you follow this rule you can't go wrong.

Good Luck!

Sasx

• Posted

Hi all, i'm in the same boat. I actually picked my tablets up on monday but daren't take them until tomorrow as I am off work all next week so was thinking that of anything 'untoward' happens, i'll be at home.

I also work in a large office and have been terrified of starting them but i have done a lot of research on them and everyone on here seems really helpful. I have got myself an experienced 'buddy' from here as well and she is full of good advice and is really helpful so no doubt i will be inundating her with questions.

Good luck guys and lets hope we're all losers :D

• Posted

I agree, start them when you are not at work.

I teach teenagers so you can imagine how worried I was but have been lucky and only had bloating and headache and that was only the first couple of days.

good luck and welcome

• Posted

[quote:d12a5365b8=\"Sasx\"]Hi,

Sat is your best time to take your first one as the first tablet (sorry to be crude) flushes you out usuually within an hour of taking it. This is the one and only time I have had this effect though.

Look carefully at your food labels dont eat anything that is more than 5g fat per 100g, if you follow this rule you can't go wrong.

Good Luck!

Sasx[/quote:d12a5365b8]

Ye spot on there -true-makes sense as ure gut will already have some stored fat in it. Cheers

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up