Social anxiety from soccer.. need help for vitamins/supplements

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was taking b12 and drinking lots water but and facing my fears but had a setback with social anxiety as my little guy had soccer and so many new faces. It’s in evenings so I dwell on it all day and drive myself crazy. I recently read magnesium is good so started taking that and got a supplement which contains gaba, and other anxiety relaxers but wearny on it. I know facing fear helps which I’m doing. Biggest part is I’m nervous waiting for it and have lump in throat and dry heave urge won’t go away and on tip of tongue. I’m assuming drinking half a beer to relax would be wrong. I can’t see me liking tea but never tried. When I get to soccer and it starts I’m ok as I’m in it. This is same for me going to work. Bus ride I’m just trying not throw up.. once there I’m busy and feel good but worry about bus ride home as fear of getting sick in crowds as I had leave job once cause couldn’t stop dry heaving. It’s all my body wanted to do. So my life has changed cause of this dry heaving and my job choice limited as I’m fearful of new situations. I found benzo clonzapam didn’t help but introduced in beta blocker to help with my cbt so if anybody got any positives about beta blockers post ( no negative please)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I get the following, you dry heave but don't want negative feedback. Sorry but the benzos u are taking cause dry heaving.

• Posted

I highly suggest seeing a therapist if you haven't yet. One who specializes in anxiety would be best.

I found that therapy helped me so much more than any meds or supplements.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.