Sod type 3

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am so thankful to find this discussion board. I thought I was the only one suffering from this. I had my gallbladder removed 10 months ago and within hours of being home I had a new pain in my side that hasn't gone away.  I still have all the symptoms before surgery with a few new ones.  I was finally diagnosed with type 3 SOD yesterday, over the phone. The blasted Doctor wouldn't even see me and it took him 5 weeks to "review" my case. Anyway, I had been researching this condition so already knew that is what I was facing.  I identify with most of you. This is no kind of life and my family suffers the most because I can't be there for them like before.  I have a very physical job and fear I will have to quit soon and not sure what else I can do to make a living.

The only thing I have  found  that helps is the muscle relaxers (robaxin) I take for chronic back issues. I take vicodine for the pain which only dulls it.  They tried me on the amitripline which did not help. I was put on omeprezol for reflux a few years ago when my gallbladder started malfunctioning.  2 months ago I stopped taking them because of a news cast I heard about side effects.  I have had good results, my appetite is better, the nausea is not as bad and the IBS symptoms are not as severe.  Turns out, that drugs causes a lot of the symptoms I had or intensified them.  I am able to eat more than the cheese, chicken, soup, and bread I've been living on too. However, I still can't eat spicy or greasy food.

Thank you for the info on acupuncture.  I am going to read your article as well. I am also going to find a Naturalpath or homeopath to see if they can help. 

2 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Vickey I had my gallbladder removed will be 2 yrs this summer.I was sick of bein went had the surgery.BOOM. 1.yr 1/2 later.Im having problems.some what like before.I am 57 I look younger but feel horrible having syptoms as if  the doctor. did sumthing wrong here I found out you cant eat what u want. so. Ice cream any chocolate an I get really sick and have acid reflex so bad. .its like it was suppose to change my life for the best. and that is not the case. I love cabbage and noodles fried but it causes a reflex thats goes threw my upper back.burns and im on the toilet. more. then enjoying my life. God hear us we want to feel norm again.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi vicky just joined the forum I had my gallbladder removed in jan expecting to feel great after a few weeks ,sadly not the case .Ihave noticed if I stivk to a low fat diet some of the symptoms like the pain and bowel problems have improved ,although I do still feel really tired most of the time do you feel the same 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lisa, yes I battle with fatigue daily, some days are worse than others.  Some days I come home from work and sleep for 5 hours.  Some days I just can't get moving because of the pain and stomach discomfort.  I, too, thought I'd be back to normal after my gall bladder was removed. Sadly, that wasn't the case and it seems I now have a new pain to live with.  I cannot eat pizza, greasy or spicy foods anymore. I try to stick to a low fat, bland diet but I give in every now and then when my stomach will let me.  I did try the medication suggested in another forum for two days, my husband was prescribed it after his mva, and it did lessen the pain. However, it makes me drowsy too. I am going to talk to my doctor about it. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Ihad my gallbladder removed in Jan this year and although was told could eat anything started having really bad bowel problems , so started to cut fat out of my diet and the results have been amazing .I also was felling very fatiuged and have started some vitamins as researched and could be lacking vitamin d now but am feeling loads better already . Hope this helps and you feel netter soon
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank God for the Good days.My good days come when I do not eat. what i really like eating. I hope you have found the foods that make you unwell.and coffee i get reflex so bad Im down to 1 cup. give us a up date.Really hoping you find your place in the GB world to get threw some good days.God Bless you
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up