Posted , 5 users are following.
As I was sitting on my chair, crying in despair because I can't see the end of it...a thought occurred to me.
I cannot do anything to speed up time. But what I CAN do is make a list of things I discovered could help me...and could help you too.
Let me list down what I discovered.
[ FOR ANXIETY ]
- Magnesium oil (acts faster than Magnesium pills)
- Acupressure on the wrist (according to Traditional Chinese Medicine it's linked to the Heart) and 4 inches above the wrist. Should help a little bit with sleep.
- Potassium (should help with muscle relaxation and muscle twitches)
- Elevating legs for 10-15 minutes or until symptoms subside. I don't know why but this one always works for me.
- L-Theanine (increases GABA and Dopamine) I use chewabale ones. They are non-adictive and use them as needed.
- Taurine - an amino acid which increases GABA. Completely natural. I'm not aware of any side effects.
- Binaural Beats (on Youtube) - they use different frequencies to stimulate the brain. These were and still are my salvation. Listen to binaural beats which: increase endorphins, calm anxiety, increase dopamine/gaba/serotonin....you can literally find Binaural Beats for ANY ailment these days!
- Essential oils - Lavender, Frankinscense, place on wrists.
- Meditation - just 3 minutes a day. Increase over time. All you have to do is sit comfortably in a quiet place and concentrate on your breathing. An app called Headpsace (free of charge) should help you get started. It's awesome for beginners.
- Omega 3 - studies have showed that omega 3 helps with depression and anxiety. Whenever I feel really bad I pop a pill of cod liver oil and it helps.
- Vagus Nerve stimulation - it turns out that this nerve is responsible for depression, anxiety, palpitations. (see below for details)
- Incense under wrists - my Acupuncturist taught me this. Be careful not to burn yourself. This should increase Qi/Chi in the body and relax you. I use this one A LOT. Incense I use - lavender, frankinscense, myrrh, sandalwood. (The Chinese use Moxa. If you can get your hands on it, try it)
- Warm milk - if you can't stand milk, buy Milk Peptide pills. Some people find them sedative. I use 2 when anxiety strikes, and 2 every night before bed.
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) also called Tapping - you tap with your hand on some areas of your body while doing some positive self-talk. There are a lot of tutorials on Youtube.
- Chamomille tea or Chamomille essential oil drops under tongue
- Bach Remedy Sleep spray. This didn't help my sleep, but helped my anxiety.
- Safe sun exposure - it increases serotonin and resets circadian rhythm
- Warmth on stomach - as lame as it sounds, it's incredibly soothing. Just use a hot waterbottle or a warm towel.
- Dark Chocolate - it increases dopamine and endorphins. Be careful if you have adrenal problems, it could be a tiny bit too stimulating. I use it only occasionally.
- Deep belly breathing
[ FOR NAUSEA ]
- Smelling Peppermint oil
- Gently rubbing stomach
- Ginger Tea
- Binaural Beats
[ FOR FATIGUE ]
- Incense under wrist (see above for details)
[ PALPITATIONS ]
- Vagus Nerve stimulation - coughing, gargling, chanting, popping ears (gently) while blowing through nose, massaging side of neck
Note: I will continue to add on to this list.
Do you know of things which might help? Please do share them. We have to stand and fight together. We are divided by geography and circmustances, but we are connected by our suffering and our hearts' will to fight.
Let's fight together.
1 like, 14 replies