Some advice on hospital stay please x

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive finally got my operation date for my Rectocele cystocele repair I go in on the 28th of this month, can anyone please give me any tips on what to take to hospital apart from the essentials and how long I should expect to be in hospital? Thanks xx

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi there - I was in for 2 days, be sure to take comfortable clothing to go home in - nothing tight! Β Also, have some pads at home as you'll need them for a couple of weeks.
    • Posted

Thankyou I haven't really been told a lot by my surgeon so I'm very grateful for all the advice I can get 😊 Xx
    • Posted

Surgeons don't tend to give advice like you are asking, they leave it to the nursing staff.
  • Posted

Hello. You'll be admitted the day of your operation and will probably stay overnight. Your catheter will be removed and pack if you have one the morning after the operation and providing you can pee and you feel ok you'll be discharge. Having said that I was in 2 nights. As you are only in a short while take a magazine, books, fruit sweets or mints. Your mobile phone to ring or text family, any medication you are taking. Thin pads, pants etc. And keep in touch with us. Good luck x
  • Posted

Oh and a cushion or pillow for your journey home because you'll be sore and the car seat may be too hard x
  • Posted

Have you had your pre op assessment? Because the nurse will give you all of this information.
    • Posted

Yes I had that back in September and nothing was really mentioned I have to go and see my surgeon on the 27th to sign my consent form so hoping I'll get more info then. Lots of questions to ask xxx
    • Posted

Thankyou for all that advice I'm worried about the journey home because I live about an hour away from the hospital. X
    • Posted

You may see one of the nurses as well on that day. Write all your questions down so you don't forget x
    • Posted

Going to be taking a very comfy pillow πŸ˜‚πŸ˜•
    • Posted

Hi

I live 2 hours away from where I had my op done, I had 2 feather pillows for the car journey home and slept all the way on the back seat. Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.