Some friendly advice PLEASE!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I haven't been on here for a while, I have been back on fluoxetine for 13wks after having a rough time on Sertraline for 4months,  I am still feeling very disengaged and as though I am fighting hard not to sink deeper into this black hole. I have no motivation I have lost interest in everything even spending time with my grand kids. I am so insecure and unsure of myself I am so embarrassed to say I actually checked the messages on my husbands phone today and he caught me, he was very sweet about it but I'm now really beating myself up and hardly know what to say to him. This illness is ruining my marriage and completely taking over my life. My doctor has spoke about upping my fluoxetine to 40mg a day, is anyone on 40mg, does it make any difference? Do you take it at the same time or do you split it and take one in the morning and one in the evening? And did you suffer the usual side affects  again?

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Karen

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen.  So sorry to hear you've been having a rough time!  I'm on 40mg of flu.  I started on 20mg but after 2 weeks my Dr upped it to 40mg.  I'm still not 100% sure if that was necessary (I'm in the US at the moment and they are very quick to medicate here), but, a week later, my anxiety has almost completely disappeared.  I still feel very flat and pretty unexcited by everything, but when I think of how crazy I was feeling even a week ago, perhaps 40mg was the right call.  So far my only side effects have been feeling mildly nauseus and I have been absolutely conking out each night (but woozy in the day or anything).  I take both in the morning.  Good luck, I hope you feel better soon!  Lesley
  • Posted

Hi karen.

Yes I had to up my dose to 40mg and found this helped a lot as 20mgs was just not enough for me. 

Everyones different but if ure gp feels you shpuld up the dose I would definitely give it a try.

I take mine in the morning and did not get any side affects from going up to 40mgs y unlike when I first started on 20mg. It was horrendous!!!!

I am feeling much better now however I have other health issues to deal with now smile

Good luck and keep us updated xx

• Posted

First day of 40mg, just hope I can feel some change in how I feel soon, because I can't lift myself at all, I just want to run from everything and shut myself away. 

Im glad your feeling better qsqs but sad you have other health issues to deal with. 

Thank you for replying

Karen

• Posted

Hi Karen,

I hope you feel better soon it's so hard when you feel this way. I hope the 40mg

Kicks in really quickly

Linda x

• Posted

Thank you Linda,and your right it is hard to function my poor husband hardly gets two words out of me in the evening when I'm like this.

Hopefully the Prozac won't take to long to have some kind of affect.

Karen

• Posted

Hi Karen,

how ow are you doing on the 40 mg of flu?

i start tomorrow 

linda xx

• Posted

Hi Karen

its awful isnt it feeling so disengaged, but it does pass, it took me around 4-5 months to start feeling my old self again and to get my motivation back, good luck love keep in touch sharon xx

• Posted

Hi Karen,

i have aver been on flu 20mgs for 11 weeks. There are times when I feel fine and days like today I feel really anxious and want to up the dose but in fear of feeling more anxious. I have had a lot of good advice on this site that it will get better so I remain hopeful  and try to remain positive. I've e been a bit paranoid to and have lost confidence in myself. Hope you feel better soon and message me if you need support.

linda x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.