Some one out there know what's normal with merina coil.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay here we go again. As mentioned in previous posts i got the merina coil fitted this year i bled for a couple of weeks after it was fitted and then nothing till August where there was light bleeding and today just a light pink when i went to bathroom ( sorry to much information) but the period feelings no pain or anything same as August.

Well my question is, is this normal as i was nearly five years period free before i started bleeding earlier in the year and as mentioned in earlier post i got a polyp removed and the merina coil fitted but no after care so i dont know if this is part of it as now im getting hormones from the coil i wasn't before.

Somebody out there must be post menopausal and been on this for more than a year. Any advice would be welcome.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi again Heather. i have been exactly like that. Was 4 years post menopause when i started bleeding. had ultrasound, vaginal ultrasound and biopsy in july. Found to have thickening of the womb lining, eg hyperplasia and had merina coil fitted in august. bled for a couple of weeks after and then odd pink stain now and again. Where i differ from you is that i was told i would need follow up biopsies every 6 months to check on progress.

I think you should make an appointment to go back and discuss any follow up plan. i wish you well x

• Posted

Thanks for replying.

My question is in everything i read if you still getting a menstrual cycle this bleeding is nothing to worry about, but nobody said if this was normal to occasionally slightly bleed.

I spoke to the advanced nurse in my doctors surgery and she said not to worry but she was unclear herself.

I cant just contact the consultant and ask if tbis is normal and of course i do worry that it could be a sign of other things.

I had a biopsy taken when i got the polyp removed and that was normal and that was on 16/05/2019 , the point i am trying to make is do i just ignore this and think this is a side effect of the coil and just stop all the worry.

You know something its my birthday on Christmas Day and i just want a day where im not worrying.

• Posted

Hi again. i can understand your worry. obviously different areas must have different policies, as my consultant actually gave me her number in case i had any worries. could you not get your gp to refer you back? It doesn't seem right to just leave you in limbo, although if you had a biopsy which was normal, I'm sure everything is ok. I do hope you can get some answers and I wish you a happy birthday for christmas day. Its my birthday today (9th Dec) and I've now turned 58 xx

• Posted

Happy Birthday for today hope you get everything you wish for.

I will be 57 on my birthday and feel every year of it today lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.