Somebody help please

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can somebody please calm me down if nothing else.. I felt ok last night until all of a sudden I laid down and my pulse was a bit fast and I feel like I'm not getting a full breath in. I keep feeling like I have to take a big breath to catch my breath.

Anyways, now it's 4 hours later and I woke up from a backache. Still having the weird breathing issues, pulse still a bit high, and now my back hurts really bad in the middle.

I'm of course worried this is a heart attack. Hoping someone is awake just to calm me down before I go to the hospital. The pain in my back seems to come and go.. It feels like a tense muscle kind of, but it doesn't really hurt when changing positions or anything.

All of a sudden I'm suddenly waking up in the middle if the night again everyday, all which I'm panicking. I can't figure it out. I really wasn't too anxious before bed. Just very very tired. Long day.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey, this sounds like classic anxiety but I must highlight if you fear this is cardiac related it's important to be checked out.

With anxiety our bodies enter fight or flight of you can imagine being met by a tiger our sympathetic nervous symptoms become activated and we prepare for battle, now imagine being a child and in the dark and your eyes play tricks on you when you look to see something - it's likely that your brain will notice something and amplify it and you are convinced you seen something and find it hard to rationalise.

Anxiety can be triggered with something or nothing Sometimes it just happens causing fast heart rate, shallow breathing, tense muscles all sorts! I'm naming the ones that might relate to you. It's difficult to a accept this at a time of panic. These things happen to me all the time. Lots of things can help you it's finding what works. Grounding helps me I look at where I am name out loud five things I can see, five things I can smell and five things I can taste. Brings me back to reality. There is lots of techniques available. I hope this helps in anyway possible and you feel better soon its awful hang in there it will be okay ?

• Posted

It's now 830am and I still feel the breathing thing. I can't tell if I'm imagining it or not.

I should have mentioned my heart has been checked out. That would be an understatement. I have heart anxiety and I have had probably 15 ekgs this year, bloodwork, and also an echo and holter which was probably a month ago. All was well. In my mind though I'm due for something bad to happen.

I think it's because I ate so bad yesterday that my mind is expecting me to die. I'm fully aware of how crazy this post made me sound haha. Since my meds I haven't really had a horrible day in a while, but the past week I've had about 5, which isn't like me lately. Oh well. Maybe I'll get up and color or something to see if it goes away.

• Posted

Yes honey just get up and distract your mind get busy doing something else so that way your not thinking about it and see if it goes away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.